Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Get up early, stay up late or not bother?

bish

I'm sure many will have to get up for work on Monday. Are you all going to get up early, stay up late or just give the eclipse a miss?  My only chance is to stay up late with lots of cups of tea. The only problem being that the full moon is a pain for observing while I'm waiting! I have to work on Monday but luckily not early.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Bish,

I'm waiting 8 days now for this non stop thunderstorms which "hit" Greece to finally get away and the skies to clear. So far the weather forecast for Monday seems to be fair so if it is I'll be doing some urgent Narrow band tests to my observatory so I'll go to work straight and if I have time (with the tests) I'll see the eclipse.

Hi Bish,

I'm waiting 8 days now for this non stop thunderstorms which "hit" Greece to finally get away and the skies to clear. So far the weather forecast for Monday seems to be fair so if it is I'll be doing some urgent Narrow band tests to my observatory so I'll go to work straight and if I have time (with the tests) I'll see the eclipse.

Good luck with the weather - I've got my fingers crossed for you!

The forecast is still not promising here, but I don't normally hit the sack until getting on for 1am anyhow, so I'll see how it looks then and take it from there.

James

I've seen 3 slightly different forecasts for my area. It's rare that I stop up until the early hours these days but have just been on holiday so am still in holiday mode of stay up late and get up late

Bed, eclipse, bed, work. Sounds like nothing could go wrong with that plan.

Nothing at all can go wrong with that....

Shan't go to bed until after the eclipse if it's clear, soon have to start getting up early for some planetary imaging so may end up not going to bed at all soon if it's clear the night before, the joys of being retired, the only downside being not knowing how much longer I'll be on this earth  :angel10:  :grin:

Dave

I suspect that we'll have cloud cover to some degree or other, looking at the fronts currently out to the west. I'm anticipating some high cloud at the very least.

But if it is clear enough to see something I'll be up for it...definitely!

I've volunteered for an overtime shift tonight and being a Sunday I'll get 12hr at double time :)

Not bad, being paid to watch an eclipse :D

It's early to bed and early to rise (12:30 am) for me tonight.  If the sky is clouded over, I'll drive up to the top of the mountain and scan the horizon for a clear area; if there is one, I'll drive to it.

Edit: I don't plan on waiting 18 years for the next one here. 

Archived