Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Philae has Woken Up

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it may be one of the cloudiest summers for years but it's also one of the most fascinating for space exploration

Yes! We're lucky enough to be living through the pioneering golden age...

Yes! We're lucky enough to be living through the pioneering golden age...

Perhaps the best since the Apollo landings?

I remember being allowed to watch the first Shuttle launch at school, but I think the stuff that is happening now is more "pioneering".

The mind boggles about what our grandchildren and their offspring will be treated to :smile:

I have just finished watching the sky at night, Philadelphia/Rosetta was the feature.

It is mind boggling to think that they have received such fantastic images and data from so far away (especially considering my mobile phone struggles to get a signal in my spare room!) apparently the "failed" landing has led so a more promising outlook for science recording there.

It truly is pioneering. Philae, curiosity and soon, oh so soon we will be treated to the fruits of new horizons. Inspiring stuff.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8,000 pachets of data waiting to downlink already.. and the shade may well keep it operating for months longer

than it normally would.

Justice at last for the esa 300.

and in a couple of months, maybe, outgassing will jump it to gently another location for more piccies, or hover 

it in the updraught like a drone snapping formations of........    I'..better go take my meds, anyhoo well done ESA.

Archived