Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Philae has Woken Up

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

... keep it operating for months longer than it normally would.

jump it to gently another location for more piccies, or hover it in the updraught 

Like the thinking! I wonder if they will revisit the possibility of "bouncing" it out...  :evil1:

(Probably not, after all this. But...)  :blob10:

Like the thinking! I wonder if they will revisit the possibility of "bouncing" it out...  :evil1:

(Probably not, after all this. But...)  :blob10:

Perhaps not initially, I'd imagine they'll try and squeeze as much science out of it in its current position.  But maybe later on when they've done all they can and have nothing to lose, they just might.

Amazing info live! The (very) dark material is organic - (CHON etc.) - Aliphatic / Aromatic

No "amino acids"(?) but awaits detailed analyisi? Black Stuff permeates the whole comet -

Present in earliest solar system? Two legs on "terra firma", the third "unknown"... But the

"ground" apparently within distance of (rotated) drill access. They may not even need to

move anything... what with so much material already present in the input pipes. I thought

I heard mention that they could check it out "microscopically"? All too much to digest! :p

But increasingly fascinating! "Hurrah for Science". In the headlines for good reasons! :)

Archived