Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Show us your Frac

Picked up a pre loved, and stored in a dusty workshop Skywatcher blue 150 Frac... It was an Ugly duckling which I think you will agree is now a beautiful swan! I give you The Great White'

LOvelly job Pat, just awaiting some new finder rings for my 6 er then I willpost a picture.

• Like 1

You kept that quiet :grin: Nice one Jules. Good scopes and very versatile

Yes, used it again last night and very good it was, i am nicely surprised at how little CA it shows and the lens is pretty sharp across the whole field, this is one scope that is staying with me, the rack an pinion focuser is well up to the job, the funny thing is i had been looking at getting a TAL 75 frac but they just dont ever come up, this is possibly a better scope so i am very happy

• Like 1

A bit slow off the mark on this one - sorry. Here's my recently acquired ST150 on my AZ4 with 18" extension pier.

post-37135-0-26456000-1442735926_thumb.j

I am new to fracs, unless you count bins and finders. But from the few sessions I've had so far, including a lovely dark-sky session a couple of weeks ago, it's a very enjoyable scope with nice contrasty views. The jury is still out on whether the mount can really cope; it worked a treat for the wide field deep sky stuff I did a couple of weeks ago, but last night ramping up the power (modestly) on the moon it was a bit too shaky for my liking, especially when focussing.

I also have an ST120, which I'm running alongside this for a while until I determine which is the one I use most.

Both scopes acquired from jolly kind gentlemen from this forum.

Paul

• Like 6

LOvelly job Pat, just awaiting some new finder rings for my 6 er then I willpost a picture.

Not yet tested her properly... It feels quite special because it's been transformed. It's huge and is taking pride of placed on my lounge for at the moment waiting for a puffer and some recommended cleaning fluid for the lens...

I'll need a good dew set up my friend :-)

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Didn't bring any 'scopes with me when I moved to Berlin recently, hoping to hold out with bins until I pick up my Mak and eq mount at Christmas, but cracked and bought an ED80 :)

Finally got first light a week or so ago after I picked up an extremely sturdy '70s/'80s camera tripod second hand as a stopgap. Built like a tank, you can even see the shutter remote cable!

post-8274-0-02875900-1442758861_thumb.jp

Saturn and the Moon looking stunning with the supplied SW LER 28mm and the BCO 6mm (although ER and exit pupil a bit tight with the latter). Very impressed with the scope so far - now just have to wait for the clouds to go away!

• Like 4

I've been looking at my (rather scratched) gold tube SW ED100 all weekend wondering what she would look like in white :smile:

If done well they look soooo much nicer.............rather TAL like

glad your enjoying the Starwave

• Like 2

...or wood effect Fablon :evil:

'Wenge' finish, popular on loudspeakers, should do the job.  It would blend in with the background at a dark site, just don't lose the scope in the dark.

Brilliant frac pictures from everyone as always, very nice.

Clear Skies.

Fondofchips.

Edited by fondofchips