Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Show us your Frac

That's the second 150mm f8 I've seen go through a make over and look stunning (believe Mr spock has done one also).. makes me want to have a go myself with a lovely old piece of neglected frac..

Ahem Mr lock... Did I miss the picture of your 127?

Ta

Fozzie

Ahem Mr lock... Did I miss the picture of your 127?

Ta

Fozzie

hehe, I've not forgot honest :) I'm hoping to get some daytime pics with it setup on the Skytee, and grab some white light at the same time. Hopefully it will be dryer this weekend, we've had a lot of rain in Suffolk recently, I've just got in drenched from work half hour ago and I'm contemplating building an Ark!

I managed a very rushed first light a few nights ago, the clouds were rolling in fast from the south so just had enough time to swing it round to capella to test the intra-extra focus rings. Initial verdict is that it's a very well corrected 5" achro. Simply amazes me you can get this much scope for 250 quid, Mwahahah!

• Like 1

Nice job , Patbloke - I'm thinking of doing the same with my Helios 150mm f8 as I do like a white livery on these big refractors.

Which type of paint did you use on yours?

My man at the Spray shop did it :-) I walked into the garage with the tube and he said "I know what that is, it's a telescope" he has just repaired one that has been dropped from a window! Well pleased with white in the end... It looks huge in my lounge.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I do like the look of those WO Megrez scopes but I can't really justify one with already owning a TV Pronto - unless of course someone tells me it is essential to test them side by side? :evil:

You have a distinct gap in the 90mm aperture region Derek :evil:

And 80mm come to that ....

• Like 1

Earlier on in this thread I posted my new TS Star 71 as it came out of the box. Here it is (almost) ready for its first light. I fitted a SW finder shoe to hold the finder/guider, having first drilled countersunk holes into the shoe to fit the lengthwise orientation of the finder holes on the scope.

StevieO  

post-39242-0-18073500-1442529526_thumb.j

• Like 5

My new frac for grab and go/travel has arrived, looks very nice, will post a pic when i get a chance

I had a brief first light last night on the Moon, very nice, some CA as expected but nicely controlled and sharper views than i had hoped for, sits on the mount well...............jobs a good un :cool:  

• Like 1

Hi everyone,

I know it's a beginners setup - off the shelf, but hey... it is my pride and joy.

SW 80ED on a HEQ5 with a Pentax K-30 for imaging and the SW ST80 with a ZWO ASI120MC for guiding. Just loving it :grin: !

One day, when I grow up, I might get a real scope...

Cheers

HJ

post-39098-0-87024300-1442570224_thumb.j

• Like 9

I know it's a beginners setup - off the shelf, but hey... it is my pride and joy.

A beginners setup which will outperform many not so beginner setups I would say. I started out with a Pentax K500 on the same rig, and other than a change to a CCD, am still loving it.

New 414ex set and ready to go

• Like 3