Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

SGL 10 Chatter :)

NickK

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup.. remember to try it all out before you get the last weekend!

I've already found that I need to repair a dew heater.

Very good point! You've just reminded me of two broken poles in my tent from last time out!! Replacements needed fast!

Thank you!!

I had a lengthy meeting yesterday at the Madley Centre to finalise the arrangements for the Outreach Event.

I will post more detail in a separate thread covering.

• direction to MESC from Lucksall and where to park
  • car sharing and timings if you want to see the start of the eclipse
  • breakfast coupons
  • arrangements for BT site visit

Its only 2 weeks before SGLX :smiley:

Two weeks now we'll all be polar alligning and opening a tinny [emoji1]

Last one who gets PA'ed is a rotten egg!...lol :D

Just started making the cell to hold the solar film.... looking good so far, just gotta get the film in there without any creases... probably easier said than done!

Last one who gets PA'ed is a rotten egg!...lol :D

Just started making the cell to hold the solar film.... looking good so far, just gotta get the film in there without any creases... probably easier said than done!

It is better with creases :wink:  you don't want it too tight...

Yeah, I'll be adding more tape just in case. Just thought..... depending on the view from the Pod I might need to share a pitch with someone for the eclipse, as Ive a feeling there might be a tree in the way.

Wont know til I get there really :)

I think you will have more of an issue with the great big hill than a tree. You may see some of the eclipse but not all of it from the site, hence why Mark and the mods / admin have booked us in at the alternate viewing site.

what have you got for the second night  :evil:

It's funny - over the years it's reduced in amount.. 5gallon keg of home brew + beer... bottles + wine + whiskey.. last year it was king pin of Hogback beer (with sediment).. this year it's something a little more manageable! Just the bottles. 

Not long to go now folks I'm arriving there a week today, anyone else going to be there then?

I'll be around on the monday assuming there's no hassle with the car's MOT..

Im thinking of doing a collimation and clean of the filters before I pack up, also I need to bake the 383 desiccant so its ready to go cold quickly.

The tech is all sorted, LAN, wireless, internet. Next I want to sort a better method of cooking, I need to progress from the campingaz stove... lol, its had the same gas can for 4 years! A hotplate would be better (and safer).

Archived