Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Stargazing live 2014

northwalesparry

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know about you guys but I loved those touch screen holographic globes that the presenters used  - I'm going to look around the web so see if they are available to buy for plebs like us!

attachicon.gifawesoome.PNG

I noticed it reflecting in the window behind, so it was a tangagle globe. How they projected images onto it is beyong me and how they moved it. Me thinks it was tv trickery. If i had one of those, i'd never go outside.

Ive really enjoyed the past two nights including the follow up show which seems to be all the rage these days.

The subject mix was diverse and I thought the guests were really good with an amazing amount of knowledge ..... ok its their day job that they are talking about so Id hope they'd know their stuff  :tongue:

The BBC are learning and refining this year on year so well done to then and if they manage to land "live" coverage of Aurora over the UK tomorrow night then that will be an unbelievable stroke of good luck.

I reckon the CME may arrive at the earth i the early afternoon so by the time things get charged up in the high atmosphere then they may just pull off the live UK views !

Cheers

I think the shows are good too. I agree, some people will always find something to complain about, and it's much better than the majority of Rubbish shown on tv most of the time. I'm glad they managed to capture the Aurora Borealis, but it pulls at my heart-strings, desperate to see it for myself again. Great timing with the solar flare too.

I liked the part when the astronaut was talking about the "us" perspective and how it's influenced him. I love hearing that side of astronomy and stargazing; how it affects humanity and individuals.

Well done, Starman.

Another good one tonight I thought. Again it was better for the absence of comedians and impersonators. They'd dropped K9 too.

I enjoy the technical banter between those taking part in the programme. For once for something on TV I'm having to concentrate to follow what they're saying. Some fascinating information to glean. I would add though ... It's very good radio. Whether it's good television is another matter.

Yep , more good tv , well done to all involved.

A point made earlier in this thread made me wonder though regarding how much of the programme needs to be actually live ? I know we had wet weather so there would be little point in filming a hand full of drenched telescope huggers in a field , but going on two night viewing it would make a great programme live or recorded. I certainly feel the grass root stargazing has taken a back seat this time round . Perhaps it's to difficult to second guess the weather.

Small points though as I loved the show again tonight .

I'd love to see a monthly show in a similar format to this , bung in some astro gear reviews and guides too and bingo .

Another great show especially as they had Astronuats on :grin:.  All round very good but like my missus said tonight half way through "I'm getting a bit aurora'd out now".  After saying that, I am rather looking forward to see any images that anyone in this country get from that CME.  This is the best year yet of Stargazing Live, it's really capturing the publics imagination, it'll be in the realms of Springwatch, Strictly and Jungle before we know it. :laugh:

Really really enjoyed the show tonight and more so the second back to earth part, listening to astronauts and those discussions was fantastic.

I have said it before but i cannot understand the mind of a person who could watch that or see a truly dark sky and not be blown away by the thoughts and views that go with it.

Looking forward to tomorrow night both the show and hopefully we will get to see some aurora

In two minds about tonights episode. 

Yes it was entertaining and informative and I enjoyed it but there wasn't a great deal of Astronomy.

It was more Spaceflight Live instead of Stargazing Live.

Was great hearing from the astronauts today. But I was a bit disappointed there wasn't more live stargazing on the first day, when there were some clear skies. It seems a bit like they're expecting clouds (which OK is a reasonable expectation) and so planning loads of studio discussion, and therefore when there are clear skies they don't get the chance to take advantage.

Archived