Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Robs new astro job........

robbieince

He he - its official!

I am now in post as the new Observatory manager for the Scottish Dark Sky Observatory in the Galloway Dark Sky Park. I started on Monday and am getting to know the place and sort out how to use the equipment etc. Its my job to make sure this place is a success, to get bums on seats, to host and give talks and to do outreach to local schools etc.

Its a fabulous facility in gorgeous surroundings - you can find out about it at www.scottishdarkskyobservatory.co.uk but heres a few piccies to whet the appetite..........

You are all cordially invited to visit......

Of course, I'll be posting more as I get an ID for the SDSO but I just wanted to share my exciting news..

Best regards

Robert Ince

post-2678-0-14806800-1357843034_thumb.jp

post-2678-0-76006700-1357843084_thumb.jp

post-2678-0-80983200-1357843230_thumb.jp

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulations Robbie.

Look forward to making another visit there, to see you, in the near future.

Any chance of seeing that Milky Way picture that you took at Galloway.

All the Very Best and Good Luck.

That is unbelieveably, utterly, absolutely, stonkingly awesome! Congratuations for getting the new post, I bet there was a lot of competition!

An amazing position with some hard work ahead of you. May you have unending creativity in publicity/marketing planning!

All the very best with this job.

Excellent news Rob, absolutely made up for you :)

I was really hoping it would be an SGL member that got installed there. The whole project is very exciting, I have been following it on Facebook.

Best wishes for you in your new job.

I know its very early days and I may be speaking out of turn, but maybe we could all get together and organise something :)

Well done.

Tim

Archived