Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Robs new astro job........

robbieince

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Robbie,

Great to hear that you have been offered and accepted a great situation.

I like the idea of Grants being a sponsor..... Will they supply free of charge samples for the Galloway SP whiskey trials?

Secondly, will we get a discount as a group given that Phil doesn't carry money around with him?

Anyway, you will always be welcome in the tent, just bring the Jaffa cakes......

Trust that you will bring clear skies to the site and be able to still take those great night images.

Good Luck!!

Adrian

Crikey I missed this post Rob, although I have verbally already congratulated you :)

Great to have pals in such amazing locations... let me know when you need something bringing from home :p

Congratulations and well done Robbie, after watching your presentation and images (esp the hubble deep sky image) at the recent Galloway Star camp, there is no doubt the right man has the job, I suspect many late nights and exciting times ahead of you. Im sure the next Galloway star camp crew are already looking forward to your next presentation in the fantastic facilites at the observatory. Well done sir !

Very well done Robbie, you must be pleased as punch. It's also about time we had a first rate imager in one of the dark sky observatories and now we have :smiley:

Really looking forward to seeing the results you get from the 20 inch scope!

Cheers

Rob

Wow - blown away by the warmth and amount of comments from you guys here. Sincerely - thank you.

We do of course allow anyone to bring scopes up to use on our hard standing areas - we will always help any new starters however we can. We will be publishing events on our website and also will be running star parties. But of course we also do more personal, intimate, visits.

Anyway - this wasn't about pushing the SDSO but sharing my good news and excitement - if anyone wants info just pm me.

Thanks again everyone.

Gosh, I'm late with my congratulations but they are very hearty. This kind of project is a splendid idea. I'll be off to have a look at the website.

Working with beginners is a great pleasure but not one I get to enjoy as much as I expected. It's easy for the enthusiasts to make contact but the 'latent astronomers' are a diffuse bunch and not easy to reach out to.

Sometimes people say that you shouldn't persue your hobby as a job. All I can say is that they can't have tried it!!

Olly

Archived