SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

RIP Sir Patrick

russ.will

RIP Sir Patrick Moore - A true inspiration to so many.

I had the pleasure of meeting him when he opened the Leighton Observatory (which is 1.5 miles from my home) back in 1994. Sir Patrick and Sky at Night were the reason I pursued by interest in astronomy. The second great loss this year but like Neil Armstrong he leaves a great legacy.

• Like 3

Astronomy without Sir Patrick. Its almost inconceivable to me personally, akin to the Royal Family without the Queen. Every time I look at the stars i think of Sir PM and Carl Sagan, great influential figures to me growing up and an inspiration to me.

I know many of us feel the same.

Very, very sad day indeed :(

• Like 4

Sir Patrick, inspired so many people around the world, including me. I still remember the first Sky At Night I watched in the early 70's

RIP to a true Gentleman who will never truly die........... he will be remembered forever.

• Like 1

An amazing guy!

Sad news about Sir Patrick...he inspired me a lot when I was young and last night I even stayed up to watch Sky at Night.

Patrick shares this sad day with the 40th anniversary of Apollo 17 and also the the same year as Neil Armstrong's death...