Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

RIP Sir Patrick

russ.will

Great to see such admiration across media and social media especially. Just read that he missed only a single show since inception in 1957, due to food poisoning. A great measure of the passion and dedication he had for teaching us all so much about what he loved so much. Long live the legacy of Sir Patrick.

• Like 2

There was a nice tribute just on the news by Prof Gary Hunt, who worked on the show with Sir Patrick for a number of years. He said a colleague of his said that Sir Patrick had contributed more to astronomy than all of the astronomer royals put together, praise indeed.

andrew

• Like 1

How fitting that we have a lovely clear starry sky over us tonight. My scope is out and I'm enjoying it, but also thinking about the man who goy me interested in astronomy in the first place. RIP Patrick, you will be sorely missed.

• Like 1

Just read through the 17 pages posted since lunchtime today - that shows just what a massive influence this man was. Truly his influence will carry on in astronomy forever. Just off out to look at the stars with that whisky in hand...

• Like 4

Just watched his last episode of Sky at Night - what an amazing legacy to leave behind. I never met him - more's the pity - but it is simply stunning that so many people interested in astronomy did and that he answered so many letters and gave so generously of his time.

• Like 2