Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Peak Star Party 2013

I did not take it like that its ok don't apologise  i was just making a comment thank you anyway, Well i have already been invited to someones tent who is going to show me some Messier`s and help me flock my scope and someone wants to borrow a couple of eyepieces try in their scope so i can already tell that it is going to be a a great weekend friendly, cant wait meet new people and have a laugh gain more knowledge and maybe look through other peoples scopes.

• Replies 966
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're very welcome to pop around to us on pitch 21 on Saturn. Most welcome to have a viewing tour and help from the boozy visuals,

Nick.

Great thank you like i said to Moonshane im struggling with the DSO`s but i think that`s with the LP near me and im rubbish at star hopping and i need a RACI

slim chance I know but is anyone likely to have one of the Baader 2" red filters with them?  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Baader-Premium-Eyepiece-Filter-Red-610nm-Longpass-2-FCFR-2-2458317-/111005252658?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19d86dbc32 ?  I have been thinking about getting one for ages for tricky doubles like Sirius but don't really want to throw away £45 if it's not likely to do what I want. trying one first would be great.

slim chance I know but is anyone likely to have one of the Baader 2" red filters with them?  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Baader-Premium-Eyepiece-Filter-Red-610nm-Longpass-2-FCFR-2-2458317-/111005252658?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19d86dbc32 ?  I have been thinking about getting one for ages for tricky doubles like Sirius but don't really want to throw away £45 if it's not likely to do what I want. trying one first would be great.

I will have a generic red filter in 1.25 that you would be more than welcome to try, might not be any use to you though

Hi Shane, I have a Revelation 1.25" red filter, will check but I think it is a 23 Wratten, you are more than welcome to try it.

Note to some of the people that have never been to a star party, it can be helpful to have you forum/ online name or avatar pinned to the outside of your tent- to help with identification. It is by no means obligatory

Ian

Sent from ma fone using Tapatalk 2

Hi Shane, I have a Revelation 1.25" red filter, will check but I think it is a 23 Wratten, you are more than welcome to try it.

Note to some of the people that have never been to a star party, it can be helpful to have you forum/ online name or avatar pinned to the outside of your tent- to help with identification. It is by no means obligatory

Ian

Sent from ma fone using Tapatalk 2

good call Ian, might make a little sign up

Hey Ian, will u planning on running to morrisons again this year? Just incase we forget anything lol :-)

i will probably nip out to tesco on the saturday if you need anything..........but please dont send me to do the monthly shop

In the 'summer' always use Vega as even with a lot of stars it's obvious. in the 'winter' use Sirius

Yeah always do they're the easy guide posts, star hopping from say deneb to m29 at a dark site is difficult due to the shear amount of stars you can see behind, make's locating where you are really difficult but a great challenge.

Star hopping is great for learning the guide posts and constellations

Archived