Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Peak Star Party 2013

Brilliant i have never seen Neptune or Uranus have viewed Mars and had some great views of Jupiter i have struggled with the faint stuff which is down to LP im sure and the fact im lousy at star hoping once i have a RACI i think it will fall into place with your help.

• Replies 966
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hope it's all true Rae - I just purchased a Big Game on your recommendation lol :)

I got mine after seeing someone one with it at SGL*, where we had minus temps every night! I was freezing with 2 sleeping bags, 2 blankets and a duvet! He was toasty warm!

Only used it once so far, but it was brilliant! I think cos its so roomy, you can really snuggle up inside it without having the usual faff of a normal sized bag! I for one, am not sorry I spent the money on it. Got one for my OH too and he was sceptical and said he wouldn't need one that warm, but he was so glad I bought him one in the end! 

I really hope we don't have too many minus temps overnight though!!! At SGL8, my EPS, secondary and primary mirrors all had ice on them on one of the nights - despite dew heaters! Even had ice on the inside of the tent! Brrrr! 

So Lee, what do the tea leaves say the weather is going to do? :-)

Stu

The crystal ball says , some cloud thur and fri but nice and clear Saturday.........(I prefer coffee so tea leaves unavailable)

What did you get mapstar? I just received my "Big Game" sleeping bag by Coleman's this morning - thanks to Rae. It's absolutely fantastic and I'm totally chuffed with it. :)

I went for a Vango supernova 5000 as the comfort rating is down at -8degrees.

I'll write a review after PSP and Galloway SP with temperature's and how the bag performed, as its a bit of a nightmare out there finding reviews with any information and detail about use?

I'm all set now as I've the blow up mat too to keep me off the chilly floor.

What did you get mapstar? I just received my "Big Game" sleeping bag by Coleman's this morning - thanks to Rae. It's absolutely fantastic and I'm totally chuffed with it. :)

It's massive though isn't it? And it weighs 5kg! That's heavier than my first scope! Wait til you come to roll it up again after use.... arm ache!!! 

Lol Rae - yeah I've done the roll out and roll up routine - I've got it down to a fine art now cos it has to be done in a cramped caravan. I tell you though - I'm soooo pleased with it - it's like no bag I ever had - perfect choice and so glad I acted on your advice. :)

I went for a Vango supernova 5000 as the comfort rating is down at -8degrees.

I'll write a review after PSP and Galloway SP with temperature's and how the bag performed, as its a bit of a nightmare out there finding reviews with any information and detail about use?

I'm all set now as I've the blow up mat too to keep me off the chilly floor.

That's a step up from my Supernova 3000 - and mine is warm enough, used it PSP2012.

That's a step up from my Supernova 3000 - and mine is warm enough, used it PSP2012.

I'm thinking more of galloway in November tbh as it's gonna be well cold up there with lots of dew hence the synthetic insulation.

Should be well set now though ;-)

I'm sure if there isn't someone will let you use there power supply for a little while as I think those in tents always end up with leccy left over, gonna charge my power tank on the Thursday night so it's ready for the next day. Starting to bring a few stuff downstairs that iv checked over, got 1 chair and my table down so far ready, and got some other stuff to sort thru and bring down before I get the things from the loft lol... Need a bigger house so I can get it all out at once lol :-)

Thanks guys reassuring.

Here's what it says on the PSP13 web site under >pitch plan and allocations >site details >Electricity

For people on pitches without EHU, a free battery charging facilities will be available to recharge telescope and laptop batteries during the Star Party, subject to a reasonable use policy.

So for those of us without I'm sure there will be plenty of help and thanks again for all the offers

If you have never been before you don't know do you and in the email it did say it had been dispatched, thank you for clearing it up for me im really looking forward to it as long as we get clear skies.

Sorry Wookie didn't mean to sound sarcastic. That's the problem with text conversation. We always have a good time, even without clear skies but with a bit of luck we will hAve both

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Archived