Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_2019_sp_banner.thumb.jpg.a0ff260c05b90dead5c594e9b4ee9fd0.jpg

jamespels

Peak Star Party 2013

Hi all, Unfortunately I won't be able to bring my telescopes but I'll bring my lovely eyepieces including ES 14mm 100deg, ES 30mm & 8.8mm 82deg as well as my WO binoviewer. So you all welcome to use them.

I think eyepieces are the top of my purchase list this year unless someone has a solar scope for sale lol.... Do want a solar filter for mine but not sure if any will be on sale or not :-)

I think eyepieces are the top of my purchase list this year unless someone has a solar scope for sale lol.... Do want a solar filter for mine but not sure if any will be on sale or not :-)

might have a sheet of baader solar goin spare...

Aha well I would like a proper one this time as I do have a home made one for the 10'' . My other half is thinking of buying me some bino viewers for Xmas so need to decide what eyepieces would be best for me :-)

others may disagree but the two things that transformed my ability to find anything quickly were a red dot finder (Itelrad) and a RACI finder. it's such a wonderful combination that it's almost cheating :grin:

Telrads work so well on a newt, i am so glad i got mine, even better when i looked through it the right way round :Envy:

• Like 2

Sounds good, want the best I can get but not over £100 each... Not rich enough yet lol

if you are OK with eye relief, in my opinion the best you can get at all are the TV plossls. try a couple at PSP and see what you think the only thing they lose to anything is eye relief to some extent, weight and price (i.e. they are lighter and cheaper than anything else nearly as good). for about £50 each used......what more can you say.

Yeah il take a look Shane, was wanting new ones though and eye relief I'm not sure of tbh... (Told u I'm thick when it comes to astro stuff lol) :-)

The distance between your eye  and the lens  if you wear glasses you need good eye relief i.e more distance.

• Like 1

Does it count if u suffer with migraines? I think better eye relief wud be good for me for that :-)

Edited by KerryAnn23

May well do i have Idiopathic intercranial hypertension which causes severe headaches and blurring vision,it is a build up of cervical spinal fluid around my brain i have lumber punctures every 12 weeks to drain it off, my headaches are migraines x100 i use BST starguider EP`s they have great eye relief and i dont have any problems with them.

Edited by wookie1965

The BST's are great I have 4 of them and you can try them at PSP if you like Kerry Ann

• Like 1

The BST's are great I have 4 of them and you can try them at PSP if you like Kerry Ann

I have the 5/8/18mm between us we are only missing probably the best of the bunch the 15mm.

I think the 25mm is a great eye piece but some don't rate it? It's much easier with eye placement than the tv delos I have

Wow they sound good then and yeah that wud be fab to try them, I'm pitched next to Shane and his monster dob so pop by for a chat :-) I'm sure I'm recognisable lol

Well Shane has kindly offered to help show me some Messier`s so you can try the ones i have then (weather permitting).

Oh yeah definately, I do hope to play with my scope a lot as I have used it for 30mins and that includes star aligning it too so had no proper fun with it at all :-)

No problem your more than welcome we all help each other out thats how we learn and they are only £49 each

• Like 1

That's brill thanks, I will have the snacks out too on the table I especially got for them and eyepieces this year lol :-)

• Like 1