NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Peak Star Party 2013

• Replies 966
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3rd time for me, been to every one so far. Really getting excited now, been dragging out some of my gear to check over and then it will sit waiting till I'm allowed to get the rest out of the loft lol. Even a quick go will surely show me there worth, don't want to nick them all weekend lol ;-)

I don't mind at all as I'll be using the others.

I've yet to sort out a decent sleeping bag!

Need one that's going to keep me warm in galloway for the star party there as it's gonna be cold I can bet brrrrr!

Damian

4 season one at the least me thinks?

I don't mind at all as I'll be using the others.

I've yet to sort out a decent sleeping bag!

Need one that's going to keep me warm in galloway for the star party there as it's gonna be cold I can bet brrrrr!

4 season one at the least me thinks?

Your not kidding more like a polar one lol

I took 2 sleeping bags, 2 blankets and a 15 tog duvet to SGL8 in March and it was FREEZING! Was in the minus figures for most nights! The stuff I had didn't cut it at all. Have now purchased a Coleman Big Game sleeping bag, which is good to temps of -20oC, and have tried it at zero temp and it was fine! All warm and snug and didn't need anything else with it! They cost approx £70, but considering the amount of star parties I go to, and the times of year that I go, well worth the money I think?

Hi all,

I will be in Saturn 28, seems to be where the action is :lol:

Looking forward to collimation workshop!

Me to i struggle with this i took my secondary out found the collimation screws had left marks got them out still think my scope is out now at high mag e.g 5mm the view is not sharp other magnifications it looks ok.

Archived