Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_lunar_landings.thumb.jpg.b50378d0845690d8a03305a49923eb40.jpg

jamespels

Peak Star Party 2013

I haven't even thought about getting anything down from the loft yet! I have started eating my jaffa cakes already though.........

• Like 3

Aha I have stuff that didn't even get up in the blumming loft so sorted all that out ready then Thursday night linden will go up in loft and get the other stuff down to check and be ready for when our lift arrives at 11am Friday, hoping its dry so I can get it all outside before he arrives then it will be a case of chuck it in car and go lol.... Still have to get a few bits and bobs food wise but that's it, even got my clothes ready that I'm going in lol :-)

I haven't even thought about getting anything down from the loft yet! I have started eating my jaffa cakes already though.........

Make sure you leave room lol

How far am i from you and Shane,  Kerry as Ive not been before  i don't know im in Neptune 37

Edited by wookie1965

Your in top field and we are in bottom, it isn't really that far though just looks it on the map thing :-)

Whats it like to carry my scope and eyepiece case well my mate can help but then i will have jaffa cakes and wine lol

Well depends on size but I did it my first year in two stages lol, scope first then went and got beers/eyepieces lol my other half would help though, he does it each year helping out :-)

Great i have a skywatcher 150p on a EQ3-2 mount but i have the HEq5 tripod legs we will figure something out thank you.

with two of you, it should be an easy carry. :0)

• Like 1

with two of you, it should be an easy carry. :0)

Smashing thanks im getting excited now cannot wait.

Anyone seen the 10 day forecast ? The Crowman reckons it's a bit wobbly worzel wibbly,

Nick.

Anyone seen the 10 day forecast ? The Crowman reckons it's a bit wobbly worzel wibbly,

Nick.

Keeps changing first said cloudy then said clear now says cloudy again when do they get it right.

Edited by wookie1965

Slight change of subject.... I shall be leaving home about 1.30pm and there around 4.30pm assuming lovely M25/M1 traffic is ok. Should be able to get sorted before it gets dark!

As for weather, it will do what it does, not going to look at a forecast until just before.

Been twice now and have managed at least some observing each time. Only advice I would give is to take any chance, and not go to bed if there is a chance of it clearing. Shane and I managed some decent views last year when many were asleep! I learnt my lesson the first year when I missed the best skies of the weekend by sleeping through it!

Stu

• Like 2

Im going no matter what the weather says and staying up till the sun comes up i want to see the Leo trio with clear skies this will be my chance.

Aha a few of us last year wer stood drinking and hoping that the fog would go away, it kept lifting and we wud get excited then it would set back in, we all manage some sort of astronomy even if its just thru talking lol, I give everyone permission to wake me though :-)

Should I bring a fog horn? That'd definitely wake everyone ha ha

• Like 1

Should I bring a fog horn? That'd definitely wake everyone ha ha

As far as I'm concerned..... 'YES'!!

I am there as my one dedicated astro trip of the year so sleep can take a back seat for the weekend :-). Got Monday off although I need to leave quite early as Mrs Makstutov only has a half day off (she doesn't like being called Mrs BigMakstutov for some reason :p)

Stu

Edited by BigMakStutov
  • Like 1

Yeah I'm the same was just just the Friday night I fell asleep lol, won't be this year though I give permission for my name to be shouted outside the tent ;-)

Clear sky horn as you'd not want to see fog ha ha

Could have it tied to a pole for anyone to use when they see some clear sky!

Haha yeah but don't put it too near me lol, I wake with little noise so someone saying my name wud be good enough for me lol

My mates just been and we should be there for 3.30 ish should be set up for 4 at latest so if the flocking takes 40 mins we will be ready for the nights viewing yesssss.