Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

What are you planning to buy or is on your wishlist for 2012?

jonathan

Some clear skies so I can use the kit I have got!

Seriously, I have for a wonder over two weeks at home at night, bursting to use my newish CCD and filters on Orion, a secondhand 200mm EFII for my canon that needs a workout, and time to process the data. Have I seen a clear sky since I stopped work on 20th? Have I buggery!

old_eyes

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A pair of Bino's... haven't had the opportunity to use my gear for months due to this incessant naff weather, at least I can use the bino's on those odd moments of clear skies that usually appear on work nights/mornings :p

the BGO18mm is now sorted:D i will need a bahtinov mask for my 180 pro and think i will save for the heavy mount, might get an EQ6 and just be done with it:eek:

As above, the bgo is sorted might get that today, i have ordered the Bahtinov mask for the 180 from Flo and yesterday i reluctantly sold my sporting air rifle and put the money from the sale into the "new mount" pot :p

Now I understand. The mount itself is the same between SynTrek and SynScan. The only difference is the SynScan can instruct the mount to switch the light on. Alternatively if you replace the handset with an EQMOD/ASCOM type of control mechanism then it's possible for the computer to instruct the mount to illuminate the polar scope.

It seems ludicrous to me that they would not include this in the SynTrek handset. What were they thinking?? It is surely a very basic and useful feature.

May just have to attach a red LED to the end of a wooden skewer and poke it in to the hole. :p

But anyway, a bit off-topic.

Honestly i cant think of anything i need or want. I might buy a heated dew strap for my SCT. I have camping mat to make one but i also have a battery pack to power the SCT so its no bother just to add a heated dew strap.

It gets pretty moist in these parts during the winter/spring/summer.

Ohhhhhhh also..................i might like to try a zoom EP.

I'm moving somewhere where I should be able to get a decent line of sight to polaris so considering an eq-something (5?) and possible building a concrete or wooden pier. Would also like a top notch 32mm Plossl, and possible a binoviewer.

I was thinking of getting either an Orion XT8 Classic or a Skywatcher Skyliner 200p Dobsonian as a first scope at some point in 2012. Any thoughts/suggestions or experiences with either scope would be gladly received. Im very new to this so am currently trying to just learn basics with a planisphere and a pair of celestron skymaster 15x70 binoculars.

I ordered my first scope a few days ago. A Skywatcher 200p Dob is on it's way. Can't wait.

Today I ordered a few more bits. A Skywatcher Barlow x2, Cheshire Collimator, Telrad and Baader ND 0.9 moon filter.

Archived