Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

What are you planning to buy or is on your wishlist for 2012?

jonathan

Since i've pretty much only started, I need as few things. I have whats on my sig plus a couple of decent lenses. I now need or would like to get the following items this year.

Another couple of 2" lenses. A decent Diagonal 1.25" and a 2", Collimator, Atik Titan and a guide camera to go with it, Power tank of some sort, Dew Heater, Telrad charts, Observation chair and finally but definitely the most expensive a NEQ6 Pro Synscan tripod.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, having enjoyed using my TAL 100rs on a few nights...I'm already wondering what the TAL 125r apo is like (and how I could hide the cost from SWMBO!).

Maybe a couple of nice eps will have to do in the meantime :D !

Well, so far in 2012 I have bought:-

First Light Optics - Skywatcher Dual LED

First Light Optics - Skywatcher EQ5 Deluxe

First Light Optics - Skywatcher Dovetail Mounting Plates

Telrad Red Dot Finder

First Light Optics - Single-Axis D.C. Motor Drive for EQ5

My wish list for the rest of 2012 is :-

First Light Optics - Skywatcher Explorer 200P DS OTA

New ep's 5-8mm, 10mm, 18mm, 25mm (sizes still to be decided)

10x50 binos

a collimator device either laser or cheshire or both

An Astro chair of some discription

Laptop or tablet

Smart phone

looking to get scope towards the end of the year :D

I'm in an iffy place at the moment, i'm definitely looking to buy my own scope soon since i can't keep this loaner forever. I can afford a 130 heritage, but have heard they are a little "meh" as far as views/quality go. I can stretch to a skyliner 150p probably this month, or i can go all out, bankrupt myself and literally just about survive the month (and get in a lot of trouble) and get a 200p, which is what i REALLY want... :p

you gotta go for what you really want dude and why have to save at a later date for an upgrade 200p init lol have fun..

you gotta go for what you really want dude and why have to save at a later date for an upgrade 200p init lol have fun..

I got the 200p in the end, then the next month got some other bits and bobs for mods, and an 8mm BST. :p

Now hoping for a 31mm hyperion aspheric for my birthday, and gonna treat myself to a 12-15mm BST for globular season.

let see...2012 wishlist, well as i'm as much of a newbie to this as i'm ever going to be, and i've already crossed a good few items off my wish-list in the past few weeks by getting some revelation EPs and Filters (see my sig) i think i'll be on the look out for the following:

• Sky Watcher LP Filter
  • 2x Barlow
  • UHC / O-III Filter
  • Baader solar filter
  • Cheshire Collimation tool
  • DSLR and/or SPC880/900 for imaging

i'm sure there's more i'll pick up along the way, but those above will be my main targets

• 4 weeks later...

Gods know I love gadgets

Looking to get:

• digital EP
  • TV DIOPTRX
  • Hyperion EP (or two) or a zoom EP
  • 2``diagonal
  • will be trying out a PST this summer, maybe......

If anyone is feeling generous, I can provide my mailing address :)

Archived