SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

What are you planning to buy or is on your wishlist for 2012?

jonathan

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For me an observing chair I think and maybe a home made observing screen to block out the nearby streetlight.

Plus a few camping trips with the scope (and of course the girlfriend).

There's so much still to see with the equipment I've already got, I don't want to go overboard on the shopping.

Tyr

I'd very much like a HEQ5 and a Canon 200mm f2.8L lens.

Not likely to happen this year, but I'm an optimist.

I was close to having the money saved up for the lens, but then Christmas came along and for some reason the wife decided the kids Christmas presents were more important. :icon_scratch:

Today I purchased a pair of Celeston SkyMaster 15x70. Im hoping to do my first observing on Sunday and Monday as cloud cover is predicted at 2-8% compared to a miserable 100% cover tonight and tomorrow.

In about a months time the Vixen VMC110 will be heaading my way then I have the hyperion clickstop on my list for my birthday. That'll probably be all the major purchases for me this year i think :)

Might get a solar film filter to fit the VMC so i can see the venus transit, as i understand there wont be another one for another 100 years after the one this year.

A list of things I've got my eye on. There's no way I can afford to buy all of this without a lottery win (and I reckon I'd have more chance of that if I bought a ticket!).

6mm Delos

An external focuser for the Mak

A new mount - maybe the Meade LX80 if it gets some good reviews.

A solar scope - PST? Lunt 60mm?

Andrew

My buys for this year, to start with I would like a Vixen Porta 11 Mount with a refractor between 100-110mm. This would be my non GOTO grab and go kit. Nice to get another Ethos (6mm) eye piece and have many clear skies? If I go to Astrofest, my credit card make take a hitting! Just have to keep things from the wife, that could be interesting:D

Peter

I'm going to buy my first scope, probably going to be a Skywatcher 200p Dob. The only delay at the moment is that the wife insists that I build a sumerhouse down the end of the garden first, to store it in...

• 3 weeks later...

My wish list keeps getting longer.

Right now I am struggling to choose between a DMK 41 and the Vixen Polarie. I have been literally minutes away from hitting the buy button on during the last couple of days but now I'm at a complete standstill. If the DMK that was on ABS last week was came up today I'd be all over it now, most probably.

I think I need a good shove to make the move on either.

Waiting for delivery of a motor kit for the eq3-2, adapters for the d-slr and a polar scope from FLO , which i'm rather excited about. Should be here tomorrow then finally can start on some imaging.

In the future, a laptop and web cam for a cheap finder guider set up...if i'm brave enough to modify the hand controller for an st4 port install that is.

Archived