Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

What are you planning to buy or is on your wishlist for 2012?

jonathan

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wishlist ?

And everyones replies are so short ????

I commend you all :D

My list, (£110 Xmas money burning a hole) a choice from the following:

Nice 3 or 4 x barlow (see if that planetary imaging bug remains in 2012?)

7mm BGO

Better low power eyepiece to replace kit 25mm plossl.

I'll leave it at three items then :)

Regards

Neil

Well, got some FLO vouchers for xmas and plan to use those for a Baader UHC filter and either an OIII or Neodymium. Whichever one I don't get with xmas vouchers will remain on my list for collection at some point in the future.

Later in the year hope to pick an H alpha scope Lunt 35 or PST - again not sure which yet (Lunt sounds like the better performer but budget may dictate otherwise).

David

27mm Panoptic to replace the "bomb" Meade SWA, 7mm Nagler to replace the 6mm TMB, Hyperion Zoom to put in the Mak for the ultimate grad-n-go planet-killer setup. A dual speed focuser to replace the "meh" skywatcher dob effort.

And then I'll be happy. No, really, I will. And broke. Don't forget broke.

On my list is the rest of the BST explorer eyepieces to go alongside the one I have. An possibly something like a startravel 120 for those nights when it is only clear between breaks in cloud :D

No doubt I will find other stuff that I must have, I always do!!

I can afford a 130 heritage, but have heard they are a little "meh" as far as views/quality go

The 130 Heritage may not be the best finished scope, but for the money, the views through that 5" mirror were great - it's a superb grab and go scope, with no set up and soo portable. That said, from reading all your post, unless you get the 200 you'll always be wondering "what if", save them pennies a bit longer.

Hope your situation gets less "iffy" in 2012. :D

Chris

The 130 Heritage may not be the best finished scope, but for the money, the views through that 5" mirror were great - it's a superb grab and go scope, with no set up and soo portable. That said, from reading all your post, unless you get the 200 you'll always be wondering "what if", save them pennies a bit longer.

Hope your situation gets less "iffy" in 2012. :D

Chris

Thanks, I'l likely go for the 150 to be honest, though i'd prefer the 200 and could do it next month. The missus is after a holiday next year, and she certainly deserves it. I can always sell the 150 and upgrade later, they seem to hold money pretty well. :)

It'l be a nice upgrade from a 90mm frac anyway, so it should keep me busy for a few months.

Also -

On my list for 2012 is either supression pads for my new 8" SCT, or install another patio in my garden exactly where i want it to give me 360 degree views (or close to) with my SCT.

I'm favouring a simple 8ft by 8ft patio

Why not chuck a pier in? :)

Skyliner 12" solid-tube Dobsonian with a laser collimator and 15x70 Skymaster binos

I have some 15x70 bins that I never could get on with, they've been out of the box about four times in total and are surplus to requirements, so are now back in their box. Now where did that For Sale section go??

I intend to upgrade my 6SE to an 8SE in January.

I'm funding it by selling my 2 PSTs (as well as the 6SE).

Do you have a good mount to put the 8SE on? I have found that my 8SE has out-grown the Celestron goto mount that it came with, what with the focuser, 2" diagonal, and numerous heavier eyepieces than was probably originally intended. I might put a smaller telescope on that mount but not the 8SE any more, don't think I would want to do without my lovely focuser or 2" eyepieces..

Archived