Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Saturn in clean air 15th Jan.....

Kokatha man

Imaged at home instead of heading out bush this morning, began about 4.30am and ran several sets of rgb's with reasonable onscreen images - but a lot of jumpiness in the feed interspersed with moments of quite good seeing.....

About 5.15am the air became palpably steadier and seeing rose.....the ability to shift focus 40 microns inwards to maximise blue channel focus is something I haven't been able to achieve to sharpen an individual channel from the others for yonks! :o

We captured through till just before 6.00am and finished off with an ir742nM and then a W47 for the heck of it, just to see what false colour combos we could achieve!

This is a very quick processing.....a lazy man's effort by just bunging the wavelets up in Reggie and then combining in AstraImage and tweaked: I'm fairly tired after little sleep last night, none today and all-day preparatory processing in front of the pc bitmapping and ninoxing all the files for a proper processing later....!

Hopefully I might extract a little more from this or the other captures with my more usual regimen, and I'll post the colour channels and some other filter and combo images tomorrow.....but golly, it's nice to get some good air at home for a change!:):D

post-16205-133877518077_thumb.jpg

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

VERY nice Darry, loads of good detail.:D

Sorry to be so late replying, I've been up at Clare doing you know what :);):o

Conditions up there looked OK by eye, but I didn't have any gear with me, and I was too bugrd to care :o:(

Archived