NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

First Light Optics

MikeP

Truly exceptional service, ordered my new telescope and mount at 1030 on the 22nd December and miracle of miracles it was here in my dining room by 1445 on th 24th December. Thanks to Steve and all his helpers for a superb service, more especially since the weather was so bad. Mr Fedex was doing a bambi on ice imitation carrying the parcels in across my frozen yard, but remained cheerful.:hello2:

• 3 weeks later...

After sending Steve a PM I received a response incredibly quickly regarding FLO's price match policy.

The consequence being my first and I suspect not my last purchase from FLO.

I would like to congratulate Steve and his colleagues on a company with a richly deserved reputation for excellent service.

Well done FLO you are a credit to your profession.

Kevin.

I ordered a HEQ5 Pro from FLO on Monday and it was suggested it would arrive Tuesday. I got an e-mail from James Tuesday lunch time telling me the importer had IT problems and that the mount didn't ship as expected.

It arrived today, Wednesday, however and it looks the doggies doodahs, well pleased, thanks FLO.

Gary

I recieved my new HEQ5 yesterday. It turned out that the HC firmware was an older version and that it didn't have PC Direct mode so I decided to upgade the HC as I want to use EQMod.

That didn't go to good and the HC ended up not working at all.... :)

1 phone call to Steve at FLO this morning and a replacement is on its way, Steve assures me that the replacement has a newer version of firmware and that update will not be required.

So, another shout for FLO and their great service..... :D

Cheers Steve,

Gary

I'd like to add my a thanks to FLO,

Due to work my only contact with Steve has been online but following my first enquiry I ordered the Explorer 150p and 3.2 mount at 12:20 am on the 19th and rather spookily it arrived at 12:20 pm today, pretty damn quick for a tinternet purchase!

Put it together quickly before going to work and it looks great.

With ra, dec, setting circles etc there's much to learn but I've already learned loads from SGL and I hope to learn more still.

Can't wait for first light.:)

All,

I just wanted to let the comunity know about the above excellent service I have just had from both FLO and from David at HitecASTRO.

This was due to receiving a faulty EQDIR module and a post from me in the Equipment forum here at SGL. The next morning I had a PM from David asking me to call him on a Sunday to his personal number so he could assist me with the setup. Anyhow, a few minutes later it was obvious that the unit was faulty and he shipped me a new one first thing on Monday which arrived on the Tuesday. This unit worked first time (I expect it was tested to within an inch of it's life first :)).

Anyhow, a few days later and FLO was on the phone to let me know that there was a "batch" of faulty EQDIR modules and they would like to swap over the unit. I explained that this had already been done.

So one forum post, one phone call and two days later I was back up and running - excellent, first class service from all. Thanks Guys!

All,

I just wanted to let the comunity know about the above excellent service I have just had from both FLO and from David at HitecASTRO.

This was due to receiving a faulty EQDIR module and a post from me in the Equipment forum here at SGL. The next morning I had a PM from David asking me to call him on a Sunday to his personal number so he could assist me with the setup. Anyhow, a few minutes later it was obvious that the unit was faulty and he shipped me a new one first thing on Monday which arrived on the Tuesday. This unit worked first time (I expect it was tested to within an inch of it's life first :eek:).

Anyhow, a few days later and FLO was on the phone to let me know that there was a "batch" of faulty EQDIR modules and they would like to swap over the unit. I explained that this had already been done.

So one forum post, one phone call and two days later I was back up and running - excellent, first class service from all. Thanks Guys!

well, its confirmed, Steve is a real person and not a computer generated persona.

not long since did i get off the phone with him, nice guy and most helpful, bit quiet on the phone tho, c`mon Steve, we are a bit deaf up north!!

Just a quick post.

Ordered a couple of eyepieces to go with my new scope.

FLO were the cheapest I could find on the net, shipped that day and arrived the next - just in time for the only break in the clouds all week.

Well impressed! Recommended.

Just completed my first transactions with these three suppliers. First class handling on all counts. All items delivered within two or three business days.

Only one small point to note- that I didn't get any shipping notification emails from ACE cameras, but it's almost irrelevant given the speed of delivery.

All in all one very happy customer- I will be using these again.

Just completed my first transactions with these three suppliers. First class handling on all counts. All items delivered within two or three business days.

Only one small point to note- that I didn't get any shipping notification emails from ACE cameras, but it's almost irrelevant given the speed of delivery.

All in all one very happy customer- I will be using these again.

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered my 150P & EQ3-2on Sunday 7th from FLO, and it turned up on Tuesday 11th, went to the wrong address, but that appears to be FedEx and their labels (printed for No. 43) as the invoice clearly said No. 48, thankfully I know the couple at No. 43.....

Have had two great nights getting used to my new scope, with some great views of Saturn (have pics on my mobile to prove this), Mars and M42.

Great scope and great superfast service from FLO, thanks guys ;)

Had a chat with Steve on Monday and placed order - scope arrived today (wednesday) - looks great and I can't wait to set it up (and for the sky to clear!). Great service and very approachable and knowledgable.

Thanks - very much appreciated

Paul

I'd recommend First Light Optics to anyone. When I bought my first scope from them they not only answered a whole raft of questions but could not have been more helpful when I phoned.

They then supplied the scope exactly as and when I wanted it.

If only every retailer was this good!

Mike

Just wanted to say thanks to FLO for an exceptionally speedy service.:)

Ordered a celestron sky scout on Wednesday morning and it was waiting for me when i got home today.

Many thanks guys.