SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

First Light Optics

MikeP

I well remember FLO's birth, in fact I bought my first scope from Steve back in the day. This was followed by my Flextube and assorted bits and pieces over the last few years and this week I ordered a shiny new CG5-GT mount. It arrived next day, unpacked it and oops, wheres the dovetail. A quick call to Steve was all it needed and the dovetail arrived the following day.

Same day I was having a problem with the mount, another call to FLO and James had me sorted out in short order.

It's great to see, a few years down the line, when the initial enthusiasm has waned, that FLO is still providing an excellent service to it's customers, in fact most folk would tell you that Steve and James are far more like friends than retailers.

Steve has a great business model going, and in these days when everything seems to be going faster it's nice to know that there's someone out there who actually cares about their customers.

Long may it continue.

I have just used both these companies within the past week and must say again both gave outstanding service. I doubt very much whether I would use anyone else, oh and Bern at Modern astronomy. Steve Durr

• 2 weeks later...

Really good service from FLO. Rang wednesday lunchtime and received good helpful advice, some of which saved me some pennies too.

Ordered after hours wednesday evening and goods arrived today (saturday) - especially good seeing as Friday was a bank holiday.

Will undoubtedly buy from FLO again :(

• 2 weeks later...

A belated many thanks to Steve and James for there excellent service my Atik 383 and filter wheel arrived as promised. There was an initial delay getting the cameras shipped from Atik to FLO but I was kept imformed along the way.

Of course it's been bad weather and technical hitches with the rest of my kit so haven't got any images done yet. I have been itching to get a proper run with it.

I wouldn't hesitate to use them again :)

Regards

Kevin

Recently, FLO has been very helpful with getting me a new dob, then they brought one of those chairs all the way to SGL5 for me, and then they sent a Quikfinder in the post for next day delivery. Thanks, Steve and James

ordered a WO66 sct back in January and it "stuck after only 1/4 of a turn" and the replacement that was sent out also STUCK.

Replacement finally arrived today-It works ;)

Strange-the thread tolerance must be slightly different.

Thanks all at FLO

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ordered new scope from FLO last night, assumed all the bits I ordered would be ok and work together.

Gave FLO a call this morning to confirm order was ok and to ensure all accessories were suitable for the scope ordered.

Had a good long chat with Steve (quiet voice but very informative) and he assured me that the dew shield, EP's and cable ordered were correct for the scope ordered.

Gave me very clear info on expected delivery, slight delay but am fully happy with the reasons, parts are on a boat at the moment and due to be with me early next week.

Then mentioned I was looking at buying an ac adaptor for the Celestron and Steve quickly put me straight, if I bought a cheap one I risked killing my scope, rather than just leave it at that he suggested one from Maplin, even giving me the stock number to help me find it.

At the end of the call he informed me that should I have any further questions ref. the order to call them immediately and any problems on set-up to also call rather than struggle or [removed word] something up. He also made me aware that they have a helpline for any issues or questions I may have now or in the future.

All in all a very nice guy, good company to deal with, and I will leave a further review once scope is received and set-up

Dave

Once again a BIG thanks to Steve @ FLO for a fast professional transaction :D

I just recently got myself new ATIK 314L+ Filters & ATIK Wheel...

Next day delivery which seems to be the norm these days from the peeps at FLO :D

Cheers

Guy

Hi everyone,

Good service as always from First Light Optics. I ordered a bottle of Baader Optical Wonderfluid and microfibre cloth last Wednesday, I was surprised when it hadn't arrived by the following Wednesday. I sent an e-mail to James and he informed promptly that it was out of stock due a problem with his suppliers.

I asked if it was possible to order an alternative item, a Celestron lenspen. He quickly altered my order, refunded me the difference and sent the item out later the same day.

It arrived today and I am very pleased with it. Excellent and friendly staff and great company to deal with :D

Well Steve and Martin what can I say ??

:):hello2::):hello2::D:hello2:

Ordered Nexstar 6SE last Wednesday morning at 12.18 am, spoke to Steve on the phone when the office was open and was informed scope is not in stock yet but that I should see it sometime early this week.

So.. I expected it to arrive Tuesday or Wednesday, but it arrived today, along with the accessories I also ordered!;) so I am very VERY pleased.

Scope arrived on FEDEX, no marks or damage evident on the outside of the box. On opening and inspection the massive amount of packaging meant that the scope arrived in perfect condition. All accessories exactly as ordered.

All queries and ramblings were answered very fully by Martin or Steve and I would recommend FLO to anyone interested in buying, or advice on what to buy even if you are a true beginner such as myself!

SO.. once again.. Thanks to all the wonderful peeps at FLO.:D:headbang::D

Another pat on the back for the chaps at FLO.

Ordered SX filter wheel and SX OAG late on Monday night with Steve on the phone.

Paid my money Tuesday, both arrived safe and sound this morning about 10am.

It's hard to see how you could ask for more!

Cheers guys :D

Ant

Quantum 4 binoculars and bracket arrived today after ordering yesterday in a big box with lots of green polystyrene to play with too :D

Speedy service and Steve answered a PM late Monday evening well outside business hours, Thanks and good luck on the move, lets see if these binos work when this cloud clears.