SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

First Light Optics

MikeP

I don't but James will be on the case later tonight or tomorrow morning.

Unfortunately it costs us more to dispatch to the ROI than to European countries - crazy isn't it!

(If you are visiting friends in Northern Ireland over Christmas we can deliver it there for less).

Edited by FLO

I always plan on higher shipping costs to ROI when ordering online. Its the price we have to pay here for not having many astronomy retailers here.

Even an online subscription to astronomy mags costs me a few pounds more to be sent to me from UK. Guess i'll have to wait and see. I dont think it will be too much (fingers crossed).

Edited by LukeSkywatcher

I was skeptical, seeing how the forum is sponsored by FLO, but having placed an order I have to confirm that they are a good supplier. They always respond to questions, often quite brusque - but that's OK, it's a business, and at least they give clear and honest responses.

I'm dithering on getting a skywatcher crayford and autofocuser at the moment - because I don't really want to have to cut the hole 15mm bigger in my OO SPX bigger for the draw tube to fit (which I am told will be necessary) - but it looks like that or shelling out for a moonlight is the only way to get an autofocuser on it.

M.

They always respond to questions, often quite brusque - but that's OK, it's a business, and at least they give clear and honest responses.

Sorry about that, the only way we can stay on top of emails at this time of year is to keep our responses brief :)

I always plan on higher shipping costs to ROI when ordering online. Its the price we have to pay here for not having many astronomy retailers here.

Even an online subscription to astronomy mags costs me a few pounds more to be sent to me from UK. Guess i'll have to wait and see. I dont think it will be too much (fingers crossed).

I'm afraid there has to be a downside for living in Ireland! It's the price you pay for a lovely country!

Ireland's always wet and cloudy, isn't it - like Wales, only wetter? I don't suppose all those peat-fired hearths and power stations help the seeing very much. As I recall, the street lighting there didn't seem as bright as the UK. But, I'd imagine if you were on the coast in Co. Clare or Galway, away from the cities, you'd get some pretty neat views? I was in Galway for 6 months, and I do recal seeing the sun a couple of times, driving around the bay along the beach. Unfortunately the unbridled access to Murphys and Paddys meant I tended to be looking down through the dark rain-glistening streets on my way back to my digs, rather than up.

M.

Edited by MishMich

I would like to thank FLO for excellent service this week. I bought a HoTech collimator Monday and it arrived Tuesday, less than twenty four hours later. Super.

Sorry MishMich, i am not ignoring your last post. I just dont think we need to be discussing the finer points of Irish weather on a thread dedicated to praising the superb service/customer relations of FLO.

But yes...............Ireland is WET,CLOUDY and generally miserable most of the year round and the skies over the west/south west are some of the best i have ever seen.

Hi all,

I have to add to this thread - I ordered an Explorer 130P yesterday afternoon, and it was here before lunchtime today - that's about the fastest service I've ever heard of ESPECIALLY at Christmas!!!

Thanks to everyone at FLO, and hope you have a good Christmas and a very prosperous New Year! (You will, I'm getting MY scope in the new year :D )

Craig.

Well I wont be the first to praise FLO and the every friendly Steve and James.

Nice guys to deal with, sharp prices and no hassle ordering. I have bought most of my stuff from FLO and never had a problem yet but have no doubts if a problem, occurred Steve and James would sort it out.

Steve is always super helpful on the phone and his advice to me has always been sound.

Everything has always turned up when Steve said it would.

Hi Steve and James. I just recieved my scope (3 days to the exacting minute that you sent it out). It arrived in perfect condition (both box and scope). Big thanks to you both. It was a pleasure doing business with FLO. I will be using you again in the future.

Thanks again for keeping me informed about when the scope was shipped etc.

Merry Christmas to you.

Paul

Edited by LukeSkywatcher

I got my scope delivered by the coolest Fedex guy ever. He said to me that he knew it was a scope in the box so he took good care of it. He is a bit of a stargazer himself he said.

I guess he could also have been telling porkies and kicked the box around or dropped it and was covering himself and Fedex incase it arrived in a million pieces.

LOL.

Edited by LukeSkywatcher

Thanks Steve, for a consistently excellent service. Nothing has been too much trouble, your response to my emails and phone calls has been superb. Even when things go wrong, which can happen to the best, you have put things right immediately.

I wish you and your family a Happy Christmas, and a Prosperus New Year. Hope you have a well deserved holiday, you deserve it !

Colin.

P.S. Was that O.K. ? Send the bottle of malt to the usual address.