Narrowband

First Light Optics

MikeP

I can't post in Supplier Reviews area as I have less than 50 posts, so will post there instead.

Ordered a Skywatcher 200P with EQ5 mount from First Light Optics. It was the cheapest offering for this particular scope that I had found, plus it stated that it came with a polar scope as well, where other sellers simply stated that the mount had a holder for a scope. Wasn't sure if that was a typo, but seems not as I have one with it.

It arrived the next day, which for £7 P&P is fantastic. I had a slight concern about the delivery at my end, as I discovered the doorbell wasn't working. I made a call to FLO to check on the estimated delivery time and they found out and called me back within 30 minutes with detailed info on where the van was (very close!). A quick call home to make them aware and the scope arrived shortly after.

Very impressed with their service and I will definitely be buying from them again.

Hi everyone,

I ordered a sheet of solar film from First Light a couple of weeks ago, and it arrived within three or four days, which was brilliant. They also sent a receipt and a number of E-mails on the status of the shipping, so you are always well-informed with this great company. When it arrived, it was a very personalised package, with a confirmation receipt of the order, and a compliment slip. Also, the packaging their Baader solar film comes in is ideal for making filters with!

It was also cheaper than many of the other places I researched, so I am very grateful, and have just ordered two more sheets from them, and have received the same great service up to press.

George.

I emailed FLO last week looking for some advice on a scope purchase, and received a helpful reply from 'Martin'.

Placed an order after that, it was dispatched quickly and everything arrived as expected.

Ordered a barlow this week and it was dispatched same day with no shipping charge.

Excellent service, will use again.

Ordered atik 383l camera Tuesday, arrived Wednesday - great service. Asked questions via email always replied in a timely fashion.

Only issue is contact by the phone, however that should change once they get more phones in place after the move.

Ordered Atik Titan camera on Friday, after many questions to FLO, all of which were answered promptly with good humour throughout.

Arrived 10.30am Saturday as promised.

In all my dealings so far with FLO they have been very patient with my incessant questions and given me clear and unbiased information and there level of service is second to none.

Thanks to all you guys, especially Martin who seems very happy putting up with my drivel!

Posted this earlier in equipment discussion,but what the heck good service is worth repeating :D

"Got my Revelation kit after a very friendly conversation with FLO Monday morning (sorry did'nt catch his name unfortunately),parcel arrived this lunchtime (Tuesday) via Fedex. Looks great bit of kit, can't wait to try them out, many thanks to FLO will be ordering again from them,well recommended :icon_salut:"

Ordered some Baader Optical Wonder with cloth on thursday evening, went away for Friday and Saturday. Was pleasantly surprised when I got back and found the package on the doormat today.

Thanks very much!

Yes brill service, I ordered my nephew a mini dob and got it the next day, they also answered my queries super quick by email and very friendly and helpful, I will place all my orders with FLO and have been recommending them to everyone I know. So FLO will be ordering a new 8"/10" Dob in the next few weeks and some nice new EP's to go with it lol

Edited by johnkirkpatrick

Great service from FLO again, clearance bargains arrived within two working days all as described together with the clouds. Now looking forward to getting that EQ5 motorised in the near future with an upgrade kit from you.

Many thanks.

Hi everyone :)

I ordered a Celestron 9.25 XL over four weeks ago from FLO. Originally I was contacted immediately informing me that delivery would be about 10-14 days, which was fine.

When nothing arrived, I enquired again and was informed it would be another week or two, tops.

I've still not recieved anything over a fortnight later and so emailed FLO to see what the deal was. I had no reply and so tried to call twice...got the answerphone, left a message and a number to contact, but still nothing.

I'm probably worrying about nothing but this is the first time I've ever known FLO to be anything other than stirling: has anyone else had any problems? Or is Steve just away from the office at the moment.

I'm a bit concerned about the £1300 still sat in the ether, especially after what happened with Telescope Planet! ;)

Thanks!

Hi Mr Truman,

Sincere apologies for the delay and lack of communication. I confess we have struggled with communications. Please don't take it personally, others have been affected too.

It would be easy for us to blame it on our recent move into larger premises (which was challenging to say the least!) but in truth we were struggling with communications prior to that :)

To remedy this we have bought next year's planned move into larger premises forward so we are now trading from a purpose-built distribution centre with a new and more capable computer system and a much better phone system (three phone lines, not one). We also have a new member of staff to monitor communications via our helpdesk and phones. This should make us more efficient and better able to cope with our growth.

Unfortunately we are still waiting on Celestron's importer for our next delivery of C9.25 scopes. They say a shipment is due later this week so we will receive your telescope early-mid next week. Hope that is okay.

Apologies again to you and anyone else who has found our communication lacking. We grew too fast and were a bit late putting in a solution, but we are better now ;)

Steve

saw this in another closed thread by Steve from FLO

"Apologies again to you and anyone else who has found our communication lacking. We grew too fast and were a bit late putting in a solution, but we are better now"

If only all retailers could be this honest when there are problems - I think Steve and FLO are an example to all those retailers out there who make wishy washy excuses when things don't go smoothly.

Well done Steve:)

Yet again excellent service from this company. For me three companies now stand out FLO, Rother valley and modern astronomy. Maybe Harrisons telescopes might join the list soon.:) Steve

I ordered my scope at 3.30 Friday afternoon and it arrived this morning (Tuesday). Received an email yesterday letting me know what was happening. Excellent service, very quick delivery and very good price. Cheapest I saw. Will definitely use again.

Thanks very much FLO!

After a very honest reply from FLO about my order, they kindly expedited matters for me and yesterday I received my Celestron 9.25! Thanks very much to everyone there, and I've already placed another order which has already shipped! :)

Top marks, and thank you very much again :D

i've been reading a lot of good things about first light optics i think i will definitely be ordering from them. i almost bought a telescope from pulsar optical but i read a lot of complaints about them. Apparently they are the worst people to order anything from. Plus first light seem to be cheaper :eek: