SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

First Light Optics

MikeP

I brought a Baader MKIII yesterday mid afternoon.

FLO shopping cart said mailing was free so I expected the usual 5-7days when people say "Free Mailing".

It was to be a birthday present to me (Next Thursday) from my wife.

I order yesterday as my expected assumption of free mailing being 5-7days and with the bad weather this would mean the Colli would turn up just in time for next Thursday but this did not happen.

It turned up this morning. Wow that was quick and I did not expect Next Day delivery.

Fantastic service

I've ordered from them at least three times now and on every occasion it's been a pleasure - friendly and informative replies to emails, very fast delivery (nicely packed too), I've nothing but praise for them so far.

• 2 weeks later...

Excellent service - Martin was very helpful through several emails and they managed to get my new (1st) 'scope to me through the snow at the end of December. Will undoubtedly use these guys again.

I recently ordered a new dovetail bar from FLO. Could have easily nipped out to my nearest supplier, but thought hey ho, it's cold, stay in, order on t'internet.

Didn't hear anything for quite a while, so I dropped them an email late on Thursday pm - about 11.30pm to be precise.

Imagine my surprise to get a reply within 5 minutes, offering apologies, that they'd been really busy and they'd make sure the item was despatched the following day, hopefully to be delivered yesterday/Monday at the latest.

Well, it arrived yesterday. Unbelievable - brilliant!

There was no need to reply to my very late email - it could have waitied until the following day.

Thanks though to FLO - their dedication to customers, service and assistance really is second to none.

There appear to be plenty of glowing reviews on here of FLO but I am currently underwhelmed by them.

I placed an order online last Sunday am (Jan 9th) and had an email right back saying my payment was authorised and my order would soon be actioned.

I expected the order to be processed the next day and maybe even posted out the next day if in stock, to be received midweek.

Come thurs I had not had anything and not even an email confirming dispatch, so I went on the site and did an order status check and it is still saying status as 'payment received', so I emailed them thurs pm asking for a status update, asking if the items ordered were out of stock etc, and when would be the likely dispatch date, and as of right now (Fri 2215) I have not yet even had a reply to my email..

Edited by Hig

... I emailed them thurs pm asking for a status update, asking if the items ordered were out of stock etc, and when would be the likely dispatch date, and as of right now (Fri 2215) I have not yet even had a reply to my email..

Hi Gareth, I am not sure (responding from home) why you haven't recieved your binocular but I will look into it when back at work Monday then phone. We are unusually busy at the moment so some orders have been delayed and we have not been able to email as many updates as we would like. Apologies for the inconvenience.

HTH,

Steve

Just wanted to say many thanks to FLO for speedy delivery before Christmas, even with the bad weather, and also to (I think it was) Martin that dealt with my enquiries.

Be prepared for many more enquiries and hopefully purchases (wife permitting).

Thanks,

Scott

I recently placed an order with Pulsar optical then read the reviews, when they didnt manage to fulfil my order within the timeframe given I began to get concerned ,I gave them a call and I got a woman that didnt give a damn just told me that the scope was out of stock, when I asked why the website stated in stock and next day delivery available she didnt seem bothered. I phoned the next day to check that the previously promised delivery had arrived and they could ship to me. I got a man this time that -give him his due was apologetic and actually cared especially when I pointed out that the website still stated in stock. By this point I had had enough I had read lots of horror stories about the company and just wanted to cancel my order.

I then on the recommendations of many forums went to FLO I asked a few questions about the scopes and got responses into the night! hats off to you.

However I placed my order on 14/1 and called for an approximate idea of delivery date so I could advise my goods in department when I was expecting a parcel. there was no answer which didnt worry me too much as it was getting near 1700 on friday so I sent an email asking for an approximate delivery date. I still have not received a reply, there is also no change in my order status, no order processing or anything just "payment taken"

Should I be getting worried?

Herishi, thats just about what happened to me with FLO, but following my earlier post on the previous page of this thread about that which was a bit on the negative side, its only fair for me to now add that Steve did contact me the following day as he said he would on here..

He explained why my Bins hadnt come yet (mainly I think due to increase in sales and general queries following stargazing live being on the tele and also them not being held in stock), and he offered a similar replacement which were in stock and only a few ££s more, but look a better pair if anything really (gone up from 10x50 to 15x70) and I wished I had ordered them anyway to start with!!! So I was happy with that and when I asked how much more I had to pay, he said would just send them out anyway for no extra charge...

So I really cannot fault that!!! :) :) :)

Many other places would have just fobbed you off or made you wait and wait for the ones you ordered!!!

Thanks for sorting it out Steve...

A1 service.

Herishi, just give it a day or so i'm sure they'll be in touch mate!!

Edited by Hig

Hi Steve,

No, please don't worry, it is just that we are very busy, hence our night-time communications :)

Your order is scheduled for dispatch this Thu/Fri :)

Hope that helps,

Steve

Thanks for the update Steve what service will it be sent on? As if it is going to arrive on a Saturday I will need to supply a different address, the address I gave was a weekday address as I wasn't expecting it to arrive after Friday and have a forecast for some clear skies over the weekend :)

I don't know if it's policy but every time I've used FLO it's been a FedEx overnight service.

And I totally forgot about the overnight service when I ordered a set of binoculars last week and had them arrive the following a day when I was out. Fortunately I came back home just in time to sign for the binoculars before I had to head out again (lucky me!).

Best,

Mike

Edited by MikeWilson

It will be overnight delivery but we don't normally deliver on Saturdays unless requested (there is an additional £15 charge) because we find Saturdays are not as reliable as regular overnight deliveries.

HTH

I'll have to hope and pray for a Thursday despatch then :-) do you accept bribes :-)