Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First Light Optics

MikeP

Yay... a happy bunny. Ordered at 11am yesterday and arrived 10:20 today - EQ6Pro, DMK21, Ambubble and an allegedly "not in stock" WO SCT focuser. Now wayyyy overdrawn but I can't wait to get out there with this.

Steve: I thought you said 8-10 days for the focuser - how did you manage to magic that one :D :D

Steve: I thought you said 8-10 days for the focuser - how did you manage to magic that one :D:)

It was James who pulled the rabbit out of the hat :D

He noticed WO had changed the packaging when they introduced the new 3rd generation focuser; when I scanned the shelves I was looking for the old-style black box :)

Cheers Steve and Flo - obviously busy this afternoon judging by your phone line being engaged a couple of time, but Steve still took time to help me out with some tube rings - including all the calculations to make sure they were the right size - all for a £20 sale.

Service par excellance! :D

After ordering my first scope a few weeks ago from another company and having a lot of hassle I wish i had found FLO a lot sooner.

I read a post on these forums about max magnification eye piece for speed of telescope.

I placed the order for my 7.5mm Plossl wed at 2pm and it arrived first thing thursday morning.

I have recommended you to my dad who is looking for a scope and a friend at work.

I will be shopping with FLO from now on.

I have nothing but admiration for Steve and James. helpful beyond the call of duty, great prices, great support, flawless... between them, Arthur, Bern at Modern Astro, Lee at Greenwitch, Ian King, and the guys at TH...we're very lucky to have such a good collection of astro dealers in the UK... (and apologies to a few I have not mentioned, but who, I know also do great work)..

Shame a couple always seem to let the whole country down...and they know exactly who they are

• 3 weeks later...

Once again, tha chaps at FLO helped me out with more tube ring questions - this time for the 4se. What is quote amazing is that Steve new off the top of his head which ones would fit. They arrived today and are perfect!

Also, Steve gave me some advice about a connector for my webcam, but as FLO don't do the one I nedd, he found it on a rival's website for me and directed me there.

I may have been a little disappointed earlier but FLO have yet again provided service par excellence!

Praise and good things are to be heaped upon the chaps at FLO.

Many thanks gents, you're my first port of call from now on.

Hi

I just want to say, from the time that I have been a member of this Forum, I have been using FLO as my Supplier for Astro Goods. Their service is exceptional as many people already know.

Any queries I tend to have regarding buying new equipment or product support for stuff I already have purchased from them, they are always helpful & give their time to their customers even though they maybe very busy at times. :icon_eek:

Any problems that I may have had after buying are sorted out very quickly with no quibbling. I have never had any experience of any type of hard selling from them, sometimes you find from other Retailers. Even with today's climate.

I have found their Advice / Recommendation are non biased.

Whenever there has been a problem with any of my orders they have phoned back & informed me that a particular product was not in stock or offer an equivelant product to my needs.

Their Delivery times are Excellent. If you need something urgently they will try to accomadate this, I have never had a problem with their choice of couriers.

So far I have not found any other Retailer that informative to their customers as I have had with FLO.

Overall their Service is Exceptional & Trusting, my future purchases will still be made with FLO.

So keep up the Good Work FLO ! :)

Cheers

Nadeem.

Edited by Andrew*
Edited thread title to the supplier (First Light Optics). Original title: Dedicated Service: First Light Optics

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, my name is Paulo Mesquita and I live in Portugal.

I've bought a scope and a high end EP from FLO and have the best opinion possible about FLO. I've recommended it to friends who aer now regular buyers and will go on doing so. Keep um the great work, Steve.

And I'm not saying this because FLO sponsors SGL.

I'm just calling as it is. As an experienced advertiser (23 years into the business) and with my marketing knowledge, I know how to recognize a quality service. And FLO is top class.

Congrats.:rolleyes:... and keep um the excellent work.

Paulo Mesquita

Lisbon

Portugal

I just wanted to say that in the years I have been purchasing equipment from UK suppliers, and this is a personal opinion based on my own private purchases...that all of the above, along with a few more such as Venturescope and SCS, but regularly those listed above, have delivered excellent help/support/advice and prices. They are a credit to the industry, and should be heartily supported where possible

A bit late. A couple of weeks ago I ordered a 200mm Skywatcher from FLO. It arrived the next day. Simple. If only everything could be that easy. I sent an e-mail as I had a question and got a reply straight away. How it should be done.

• 2 weeks later...

I've bought from both of these companies within the last month. Just to say that both gave excellent service, including:

- very helpful staff on the end of the phone

- guidance towards the equipment that would suit me, not necessarily the most expensive

- in fact, no hard sell, even when a phone call didn't lead to a purchase

- information about which items were in stock

- delivery prompt within a day or two

Will buy from either of them in the future with confidence.

Good, prompt, efficient service from both Teleskop Service in Germany and the ever reliable FLO.

I ordered from both late on Friday evening, an eyepiece and an adapter from TS and a diagonal and a lens cleaner from FLO. Both orders were placed well past the close of business.

The goods from FLO turned up on Tuesday and from TS on Wednesday.

You order - it comes! Why do some other companies find this so difficult?

Andrew

Good, prompt, efficient service from both Teleskop Service in Germany and the ever reliable FLO.

I ordered from both late on Friday evening, an eyepiece and an adapter from TS and a diagonal and a lens cleaner from FLO. Both orders were placed well past the close of business.

The goods from FLO turned up on Tuesday and from TS on Wednesday.

You order - it comes! Why do some other companies find this so difficult?

Andrew

Great fast service from FLO . Just received my new binoculars ( Opticron 8 x 40 Aspherics )from Exeter to deep West Yorkshire within 24 hrs of phone check and internet ordering.

They look A1 on my tests on the wooded hillside a mile away . The filigree of branches and power pylons suits well for daylight testing (and found a new radio mast too on the edge of the hill !

Thanks FLO and FedEx too.:)

Len E

I orderd a scope and bits on Sunday night.

Recieved an email Monday - quote "Hello Martin,

Thank you for your order today. As you can imagine this is a busy time of year and there is a lag of about 3-4 days in shipping telescopes. We ship via FedEx and on an overnight service so the Evostar 100ED DS Pro should be with you in about 4-5 days."

FedEX van came today (Tuesday) with Scope and bits and bobs!

So FLO have done the impossible and i have recieved my goods 3-4 days before they were shipped!!!!

Now thats what I call service!! LOL

Thanks, and Merry Christmas:)

... FLO were a couple of pounds cheaper. I am now wondering when my new toy will arrive?

I live in Ireland.

We have received your order Paul, thank-you :)

Unfortunately there will be an additional charge for delivery to Dublin which will easily wipe out the £2 saving. James will email you the amount, if it isn't acceptable please feel free to request a same-day refund. Delivery to Dublin is approx 3 days.

HTH