SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

First Light Optics

MikeP

A few weeks ago I bought one of the clearance 80mm Meade 5000 Triplet APOs from Steve at FLO.

I have had some problems with it and at this stage am unsure whether it is misaligned or if there is "sag" in the focusser with a camera attached. I will check this out next time the clouds go. I am no expert imager, so it has taken me several weeks to get this far.

I spoke with Steve today and he has assured me that FLO will take the 'scope back if I am unhappy with it after trying out a few more tests.

I am reassured that Steve will do this, as it means that if I have bought a "lemon", I can use the money to replace it with another 'scope (either a Meade or another make).

So, thanks to Steve for the reasonable way he is dealing with my concerns.

Tom

Just wanted to thanks to all at flo for my C gem, who went above and beyond to get me one at the right price, Also for helping me to get some problems sorted ive had with fittings, im still not running but nothing flo can do anything about. But should be up and running pretty soon, if all goes well should be just days now. I would certainly buy another expensive item from him, as support is very good.Well you all probably know this anyway, but those that dont, hes service can be thoroughly reccomended

Neil

Hi folks,

Great service from FLO. I received a Horizon 8115 2 way Heavy

Duty Tripod from them a few days ago only to find the central column locking knob was broken. A quick e-mail to Martin at FLO and a new knob was immediately popped into the post.

I'm very happy with their service as always.

John

FLO delivered my Synguider, ST80, dovetail mount and clamp this morning by FedEx - collecting a dodgy Alt-Az mount head at the same time. Needless to say, I needed their expertise in getting the right clamp for the mount. I ordered over the weekend, hence this delivery was fast and reliable.

Another big thumbs up for FLO.

Big thumbs up from me on helping me sort all the dovtails and associated gubbins to get my imaging rig sorted.

All arrived in good time. and work perfectly !

And thank you for dealing with me rambling on the phone :)

:)

After many years in sales I am gobsmacked at just how good these guys are.

1. Help and great advice from those who know what they are on about.

2. In the rare event of a problem they sort it out VERY quickly and well.

3. Easy to buy from and it comes next day

AWSOME

thanks FLO.

Mike

I asked FLO about suitable guiderings for the ST80 and James kindly checked a set of 100mm rings on one of their ST80s before confirming they fitted (after removing the focusser).

Guide rings and vixen plate ordered yesterday and delivered this morning.

Now that's how companies should behave if they want repeat orders, they will have my next order.

More outstanding and astonishing service from the chaps at FLO.

Enquired about a few bits and whether I could pay by cheque. The items arrived 2 days later with a kind e-mail from Steve just requesting I pop a cheque in the post to them.

They've gone from a 5 star company to a 6 star in my book!

To paraphrase Spock, 'Live long and prosper, all at FLO.'

Well Done to FLO yet again!

The website clearly states orders placed before 3p.m. will be despatched on the same day. I ordered a couple of eyepieces and a barlow on Monday afternoon (around 5p.m.) and by 10.30a.m. today the postie was banging on my door!:(

Hurrah for FLO- totally outstanding service.:):icon_salut:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi - just wanted to say thank you and great service FLO.

Ordered Skywatcher Skymax 102 SynScan AZ GOTO on Monday 1st Nov - delivered on Tuesday !

Great service and quick helpful replies to e-mails.

Took advantage of FLO's deal on a set of Celestron SkyMaster 15 x 70 bins yesterday and what service !!!! Ordered at 13:15 yesterday (Thursday) and arrived today(Friday) at lunch time. Extremly well packed & secure. Devon to Norfolk in less than a day. Great service.

Well done FLO.

Yet again great service from FLO

Ordered EQ6 Sunday night and arrived today in two hefty boxes. Well packaged and fast delivery.

Spoke to Steve in person on Friday, sort of collared him out of office hours but he was more than willing to discuss my astro needs, nice chap and very helpful.

All in all great people at FLO and great customer service, the greatest measure of a company is not necessarily it's product but it's service to it's customers and FLO excel at this.

Now, time to set up this beast of a mount, thanks FLO

Dave

Just want to thank FLO, they have been great again, really good advice and help, quick delivery, fantastic job guys, keep up the good work! I dont even think of going any where else for my astro needs these days.

Cheers

Kevin

Top marks to FLO, I asked a question by email, got a reply very quickly, ordered a cheshire collimating eyepiece after 2pm on Friday afternoon, delivered by Postman Pat this morning (Saturday)

Will definitely be using again and would recommend to anyone, special thanks to Martin @ FLO :)

I've bought quite a few things from Lee and I only have great things to say about this store. They are top notch. Actually FLO and Green-Witch are my buyer reference stores in the UK and I recommend these two stores to all my friends in Portugal.

Lee and Steve...thanks a million for you excellent service.

All the best,

Paulo "from Portugal" Mesquita,

Sintra

Portugal

Thanks to Martin at FLO for the advice on getting an order to BFPO. The items arrived within a week, which is good for posting items to BFPO.

Only down side is they are a xmas present so I don't get my hands on them for a month :):mad:

Another thumbs up for FLO, ordered a C9.25 and had it just in time for the clouds to arrive - I love to receive unexpected stuff, but I do wish they would stop sending out cloud with every purchase I make... :D

Thanks for a 5* service, as always. :)

Ant

Yet again FLO have excelled.

I had an issue with the NEQ6 on arrival, emailed FLO at 10pm and hoped that a reply would come sometime during the next day. 5 minutes after the email was sent I was contacted by Martin from FLO who discussed the issue I had and immediately agreed a corrective action that ensured I got a replacement as soon as possible.

Replacement arrived and the suspect unit collected. I accidentally sent the vixen saddle back which I should have kept, still no problem as FLO delivered a spare to me to keep me going until they could get the one back from the supplier.

Now that is going above and beyond.. So much so that I decided to donate a shed load of money to FLO for a new camera, ordered 1pm Friday and delivered 5pm Friday when I met up with Martin later.

Another nice touch, when I ordered the camera I was thanked for choosing FLO over the phone, and even the boss man Steve passed on his thanks from the other side of the office.

First class service again from FLO, now all I need is a clear sky!

Just wanted to say "thanks" to Martin and Steve at FLO.

They've never been too busy to chat to me while I ummed and ahhed about a new mount. Martin has been monitoring the importers so we knew when they came into the UK.

I ordered the mount and couple of other bits on Wednesday - the bits turned up direct from FLO on Thursday and the mount arrived direct from the importers on Friday.

On Friday Martin even emailed me to check that the mount had arrived.

Top class service, great prices, fast delivery and friendly people - what more could you ask for?

Steve