Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First Light Optics

MikeP

Just wanted to say a big thank you to FLO for great service.

They held the last Atik 16ic for me for over a week (Awaiting my birthday) and then it arrived the day after i ordered. Excellent customer service!!! Keep up the fab work guys:headbang:

Cheers

Daz1969

• 2 weeks later...

Last week I ordered a Skywatcher 250P DS OTA from FLO - arrived next day, of course, but i'd spent too much time worrying about how the mount would cope with it and not enough time on the practicalities of using it in my (small) observatory. To cut a long story short, it didn't fit.

Anyway, FLO have been brilliant about sorting out an exchange so thanks, all - customer service is hard enough without your customer being an idiot!

Yet another example of great service. I telephone FLO for advice and ordered 15X70 Celestron Bins (FLO are much cheaper than anyone else for these.) plus Tripod at about 4.00 p.m. Tuesday. I was told I would get them next day. Wednesday 9.30 a.m. Fedex are at the door with the goods all as ordered.

All I want now is for FLO to sell a device so that I can see through the clouds!

Mike

On this forum, I posted up a request for advice on cleaning eyepieces. I was recommended to get the "Optical Wonder" fluid which was available from FLO.

Duly purchased and received the next working day.

No fuss quick service.

Hi all,

Since SSP, I have been messaging James from FLO, about a WO Megrez 72.

I would like to say a huge thank you to both James and Steve, They answered all of my questions and helped me in everyway possible.

I recieved my scope the next working day, and I am really happy with it... But i am now just waiting to give it first light.

I want to recommend FLO to you all, give a special thenks to James.

Keiran

Have both a heap of praise and an apology for FLO. I recently bought an EQ3-2 drive from them which arrived within two days.

Unfortunately try as I might I just couldnt get the DEC to slew. I tried it with brake on, off, midway on/off. Getting frustrated I emailed FLO for advice.

I waited a day with no reply and fired off another email. Still nothing which was strange I thought so third email went off this time asking for an immediate response.

Almost immediately I had a reply saying sorry for delay they'd been away and were dispatching a brand new drive to me for evaluation. This arrived within 24 hours. Embarrassingly for me I managed to get the DEC to slew before the package arrived (no idea how or why, it just started working)

Dont know why i doubted FLO in first place, theyve been first class throughout. Probably just a mixture of frustration and impatience on my part.

So may i just say thanks James and Martin for your help and sorry for being an a r s e ;)

Just thought I would add to this....

Bought something at lunchtime, got a fast response that the items were out of stock for a few weeks, found an alternative and still made the post the same day

Can't fault the service, it really is top notch

Well done to the chaps at First Light Optics.

Ordered an AstroZap dust cap for my Europa 10 inch Newtonian on Thursday and it arrived promptly in the post the next morning.

Fed up with the flimsy frisbee style caps that OO supply. They break far too easily. One has now been converted into a rudimentary Hartmann mask so it will probably be of more use than previously.

The shower cap reference is due to their appearance as can be seen from this image on the Astrozap website

http://astrozap.com/ProdImages/dusttop.jpg

I received my new scope and mount from FLO yesterday to my estonishment the HEQ5 pro was sent rather then just the EQ5 pro however, I let them know last night and for an extra agreeable fee I'm now keeping the mount.

Thanks Martin for sorting this.

Cheers

Neil

Big thanks to First Light Optics ordered my ADM Mini dovetail kit with 125mm rings and some other bits on Friday, arrived this morning. Great service yet again! Just need some clear skies and some more spare cash to get the rest of my guiding setup.

Sorry about the clouds

Darren

I ordered a pair of Celestron 15 x 70 during FLO's special offer last month. I had to wait until they were back in stock so they took a week to arrive - no problem as I was kept informed throughout the process.

I had a play with them over the Bank Holiday weekend and try as I might I couldn't get rid of a double image problem at long distance i.e. looking at the stars!

I contacted FLO and requested that I return the binos and replace them with a pair of Helios Quantum 4 15 x 70. No problem FLO said. They weren't in stock so I had to wait again. I also added a pair of 10 x 50's to my order for my wife.

Throughout the whole process FLO have kept in touch via email and have been true to their word. I received to new binos today and I am well pleased with them.

So a big thank you to Martin at FLO who has been brilliant. Thoroughly recommended.

I just thought I'd add this:

I was very cold and struggling to polar align last night and Steve from FLO prepared me the first bacon sandwich of the night. I managed to get to it before James (although he was busy with his pot noodle at the time).

I ordered a webcam adapter in the early hours of Friday and it arrived on Saturday morning, it also includeded a free eyepiece cap (while stocks last).

Hassle free and quick service, thanks again to the team at FLO. :)

• 2 weeks later...

My thanks to James & Martin who sorted me out with an EQ3-2 goto upgrade when the first one I recieved was faulty.

They arranged collection of the faulty unit and unpacked and checked the replacement to ensure it was working before despatching it.

Incredibly quick service as well. :icon_salut:

Sent off for the correct adapter to hook up the computer

Cables, Leads and Controllers - HitecAstro EQDIR adapter

turned up the day after I ordered it, nice one FLO. Excellent service as usual.:headbang:

This is what you want not what I was trying to do...

http://stargazerslounge.com/equipment-help/115102-mount-control-question.html:):o

Regards

All

Keithp

Can you imagine if he could bring a bacon sandwich to all his customers! haha

I'm waiting for my order to arrive today and FLO were on the money from purchase to shipping.

Couldn't have got it to me quicker so I'm very pleased. I'll follow up this once it arrives but communication from them was spot on (sending tracking numbers and order updates).

This forum pointed me to them (so the sponsorship is working) and I've found their prices to be some of the best around.

Price and service are what I look for and they ticked those boxes.

Edited by astroimpulse

I Bought from First Light Optics online so I cant say anything about the people there but the Web Form used for ordering was nice and simple. The delivery was fast and the order itself was extremely well packaged. In the future I will be using First Light optics alot.

Hi all

It's been said many times before, but I see no reason why it shouldn't be said again. The service from First Light Optics is absolutely first rate. I ordered a SW 127 Supatrak on Wednesday, it arrived on Thursday. What more can you ask for.

As ever Steve & Martin were a pleasure to speak to. In fact I have to refrain from picking up the phone just to chat to them about all the things I can't afford!

So lest we ever take this kind of service for granted I just wanted add my thanks to the list...

yours

Blackheart