Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First Light Optics

MikeP

I'd like to thank FLO for providing a first class service as always (for my Baader Optical Cleaning Fluid / Cloth), quick dispatch and absolutely no problems. Top class retailer, so much so it's my first port of call for everything.

Thanks FLO!

Hi all

I did post a thanks to FLO last week but I posted it in the wrong section.... :fucyc: I cant find it now so I thought I would once again say thanks to FLO for the smashing deal on my Cel 11" Edge HD....Great service and speedy delivery and of course great comms....Thanks martin and team....

"AWESOME"

Regards

Andy

FLO's usual excellent service: I ordered a set of narrowband filters online at the weekend, dispatched Monday, arrived Tuesday morning. Can't ask for better than that. Thanks FLO.

Allan

FLO attracted some justified criticism from me here, regarding the speed of updates on their helpdesk.

This is my latest experience.

I enquired about a DMK camera as it is showing out of stock on their website. I did this via the helpdesk and I received an answer in 16 minutes, confirming they had a small number left. I placed the order at 15:30 and the parcel arrived today at 2:45.

Now that's service :icon_salut:

Thanks guys.

I ordered a couple of items from the clearance section, a scope and mount.

A couple of days later I met the courier [because of my job I can't be around when they deiliver and the depot is a ninety mile round trip] and put two large boxes in my car.

At home I unwrapped the tripod, mount, gubbins and ...another mount. No 'scope. FLO then asked for another £15 for a Saturday delivery of the 'scope-despite the fact that the mistake was theirs.

Roll on Saturday and the post lady delivers me a padded envelope. It looks a bit small for a 'scope, and the name on the envelope isn't mine. Fearing the worst I open it to find an eyepiece. I have to call the courier to ensure that the parcel I can track is coming my way. It is, luckily. The invoice in the envelope reveals the name, address and mobile number of the person who the eyepiece was meant for so I give them a call and tell them that it's on it's way.

A few hours later the courier delivers the 'scope-but isn't picking up the stuff sent to me in error on the original delivery. i can then drive the twenty-five mile round trip to the last post office open late on a Saturday and pay nearly three quid to get the eyepiece on it's way.

Needless to say I won't be using them again.

Blimey! Sounds like we screwed up! :icon_redface:

I'm truly sorry.

I don't remember any of this so I am guessing it wasn't recent but if you PM me your name and how much you are out of pocket I'll make sure you are fully compensated. Promise :icon_salut:

We are normally 'much' better than this.

HTH,

Steve

I have now looked into this. I don't want to enter into a he-said-we-said discussion but David JM's review isn't the whole story. The attempts we made to remedy our mistake and the difficulties we had doing so were not mentioned.

Steve

Had issues in the past but very happy with speed or service and price in my latest purchase. Only problem with missing adapter for EP's which communication seems to suggest will be resolved quickly. Let's hope so ;)

Another thumbs up from me for the FLO team.

After Pm'ing Steve on here regarding one of the fantastic clearance offers at 7pm on thursday and then further complicating the issue by wanting to use some of my vouchers, James got involved and we were messaging between the 3 of us until about 11pm by which time the whole lot was sorted and paid for. Having mail replied to at this time can certainly be called out-of-hours and beyond the call of duty.

As promised by Steve, quick payment assured quick dispatch and the mount was posted friday and recieved today at 2pm.

Thoroughly pleased with the deal, service and attitude to my requests (I really felt I was a bit cheeky asking for the deal and then for them to have extra work combing vouchers together and discount codes)

I cannot complain about the service overall and am a continuued happy customer.

Hi

I would just like to say a big thanks to the Guys at FLO, on Friday the 7th June I placed an order for an NEQ6 Pro, EQ6 extension tube, and an EQ Direct Module. the module came on Saturday Morning, and the Mount and Extension tube came Yesterday afternoon, I am really impressed with the speed that you got these items to me, and also kept me informed along the way with emails. I have placed orders in the past with other company's and it's been 3-4 days, sometimes longer, not including weekends before anything surfaced, usual a mail to confirm the order and that's it.

Keep that standard of service up and you'll have loads of satisfied customer like me.

Thanks

Simon

I decided to purchase one of the Revelation Astro 2 inch dessiccant caps that was listed as a special offer here on SGL. I sent a PM to FLO at 2:10pm (Thursday July 5th) requesting instructions on how to proceed. At 2:29pm I received a reply from Steve, and the transaction was complete by 2:35pm. I received an email on Friday informing me that item had dispatched, and it dropped through the letter box on Saturday morning.

A very smooth and easy transaction from start to finish.

More good service from FLO. Ordered Wednesday night, delivered Friday morning. Good prompt replies to E-mails as well. Must admit, never had the coms problems others have said they have experienced. Thanks guys.

• 3 weeks later...

Yet again outstanding service from First Light Optics. My wonderful new C9.25 on a CG5 Goto arrived last week. At the same time as ordering the scope I ordered a dewsheild. Had a bit of a mixup with the sheild at first, but all sorted now. Top service fellas. Thanks once again.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

To cut a long story short. I ordered my 11" edge Ota and my cel cgem dx and a few other bits and bobs from FLO. I had had them a while as I was having problems balancing the mount. Martin Swapped the mount for me but I still had problems (not their fault). 50 or so emails between us and a lot of help from FLO, mount was still not right, I had had enough.

Anyway 3 months on, First light came up from Cornwall, Picked ALL of my equipment up personally ( I live in Gloucestershire ) and gave me a FULL refund for everything I had purchased even though I did not have the boxes any more....

Quality Service is the only word I can use and a big thanks goes to Martin and the (courier) Steve .....lol

Andy

As always excellent service from auntie Flo.

Ordered a camera adapter to fit on my C6 SCT Thursday evening, shipped out Friday, delivered Monday.

Cant say anymore, service is always top notch, thanks guys (and gals)!!!

Dave

Just want to let everyone know the excellent service First Light Optics have.

I Ordered a Skywatcher 200p Dobsonian and a Cheshire on the 18th and both arrived the very next day, absolutely amazed with the service you guys uphold.

I will be going to you guys first before anyone else.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

i have been ordering items like mad before a star party in a week or so and i placed an order with flo which turns out i dont need the items with my scope,i sent an email at 11 oclock expecting to wait till the next day low and behold i was sent a reply within mins couldnt believe it i cant exspress ho much stress and money they have saved me they will always be my 1st port of call for all products astro related.thanks flo

sam

• Like 1

It's all down to personal experience I guess....I phoned FLO & RVO to enquire about a HEQ5 goto, SW ED100 DS Pro, Focal Reducer, Powerpack and A couple of other bits......not an insignifant order.

FLO never got back to me, RVO did.....4 days later..

Bern @ Modern Astronomy not only gave me good advice but also had the stuff delivered next day. I appreciate that these shops may be busy but they both lost a decent order through a lack of follow up.

Many thanks to all at First Light Optics for getting a speedy response from David Hinds as to the costs for repairing damage done to my mount by a leaking Duracell Battery.

Although FLO supplied the scope, the problem isn't their responsibility, but they are happy, willing and able to deal with David Hinds on my behalf, so from me, CHEERS!

Chris

• Like 1

At 18:55 pm Friday evening I sent a product question via FLO's helpdesk. Since this was obviously out of office hours I was not expecting a response until next Monday at the earliest. I was much surprised to discover that I had a response to my email aswering my question, sent at 21:25 that same evening! It was only a product question, but even so, this is truly outstanding service from Martin and FLO.

• Like 1