SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Show me your eyepiece/accessories case, please.

Leegsi

Ahhh Faulksy, I see why I'm now the happy owner of the nirvana. Looks like an ugly duckling amongst the rest of that lovely collection.

not at all matthew, equally as good to look through, have you used it yet

not at all matthew, equally as good to look through, have you used it yet

Briefly is the word... Terrible conditions last few days here in London. But just had it barlowed on the 12" dob pointed at Saturn. Colour and banding, shadows and gaps... Shame the clouds only gave me a few minutes of observing!

Nick, how do you rate the 26mm superview ? i also have the 42mm and find it superb in the TAL100

Personally I don't think edge of view is quite as good as the 42mm but the extra 5° FOV in the 26mm may have something to do with that ?? Also the eyecup on the 26mm is similar to Baader Hyperions eyecups but not as comfortable to use. That said though I don't think they are bad given they are only £35 new and delivered to your door. There really isn't much else to pick from at that price in 2" and offering up to 70° FOV. They are nice and light, and the finish is not that bad, certainly no worse than the 1.25" Revelation Plossl. I wouldn't recommend them for fast scopes though!!!

Briefly is the word... Terrible conditions last few days here in London. But just had it barlowed on the 12" dob pointed at Saturn. Colour and banding, shadows and gaps... Shame the clouds only gave me a few minutes of observing!

When you manage to put it through its paces you wont be disappointed....good choice and a excellent eyepiece

I use Pelican 1550's for most of my eyepieces. Pelicans are waterproof and strong enough to use as a chair or a step stool. When hurricane Ernesto trashed my house we pulled one of my Pelican cases out from under mud, wet blown insulation, wet sheet rock, broken 2x4's, and tree branches. I rinsed it off with a hose, opened it and found the contents safe and secure.

• Like 1

Not sure how to edit my previous post so will add here. I've tried putting all my eyepieces in one very large case but it wound up being too heavy for this old man trying to avoid surgery for a herniated disc. The Pelican 1550's are a comfortable carry for me. However, they aren't deep enough to hold all of the Ethos line upright in the case, one of the Ethos is just a little too tall. The 1560 would be tall enough to hold the tallest Ethos. Storm cases, now owned by Pelican, are lighter, have easier to open latches, but aren't as sturdy.

1 1/4" eyepieces for binoviewer in 1550:

10514891-md.jpg

2" eyepieces in 1550:

10514895-md.jpg

Orthos for binoviewer in smaller Pelican, a 1400 IIRC:

8754257-md.jpg

Binoviewer in a 1300 (IIRC):

10514894-md.jpg

I'm figuring out how to post here, sorry for being a slow learner!

A new addition to my eyepiece collection is a set of Circle T orthos, 4, 6, 9, 12.5, 18 & 25mm. Plus an old Fullerscopes adjustable barlow, shown here in their posh new box which I knocked up from an old microscope box. The diagonal is my brassified WO 1.25 Dialectric. Oh and theres a Celestron 40mm E Lux Plossl in there temporarily until I can find a rare as hens teeth 40mm Circle T Ortho

This kit will be used mainly with my 4" F15 refractor.

post-2283-0-71792000-1399319938_thumb.jp

post-2283-0-75996700-1399319952_thumb.jp

Edited by philj
  • Like 3

non from stu alan, and stu not sure either a ethos or a nagler, high power though :grin:

Very neatly arranged anyway, looks great.

Stu

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Great collection Faulksy. I also like to see the 26T5 nestled between the 31T5 and the 22T4. Gives me an excuse to get the 26T5 as well (as if I need an excuse) at some point in the future.

the 26 is good for home use or skys with a bit of lp, but the 31mm is great at dark skys, the only problem with the 31mm, is theres to many stars in the fov :smiley:

the 26 is good for home use or skys with a bit of lp, but the 31mm is great at dark skys, the only problem with the 31mm, is theres to many stars in the fov :smiley:

I think the 26mm would be great if/when I get a faster big scope, like a dob. The 31T5 would then probably not work that well except under very dark conditions