Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Show me your eyepiece/accessories case, please.

Leegsi

Sorry to repost this again so soon. Just made a decision about selling a couple more ep's and have now reached a final set for my 1.25" travel/ortho case.

The 24mm Panoptic has never really had a home, and is ideal for widefield at dark sites with a 3.4 degree fov in the TV76. At the other end, the 3 to 6 Nag zoom gives me mags up to x160, more if barlowed so all bases are covered. Quite happy with this now so will stop fiddling! Really enjoying my orthos as I keep saying ;-)

u7etu5yp.jpg

Stu

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Stu , I've been looking at getting the 24mm Pan for my TV85. I Take it you would recommend this EP ? Thanks Rob.

Hi Rob,

Yes, totally. It works very well for me in the 76 so no reason it won't be great in an 85. Lovely compact eyepiece but gives fantastic views.

Stu

Sorry to repost this again so soon. Just made a decision about selling a couple more ep's and have now reached a final set for my 1.25" travel/ortho case.

The 24mm Panoptic has never really had a home, and is ideal for widefield at dark sites with a 3.4 degree fov in the TV76. At the other end, the 3 to 6 Nag zoom gives me mags up to x160, more if barlowed so all bases are covered. Quite happy with this now so will stop fiddling! Really enjoying my orthos as I keep saying ;-)

u7etu5yp.jpg

Stu

Stu, nice set, i see you have replaced the 18mm BGO

Yes Jules, sold my 9, 12.5 and 18 at the same time, and then realised it was a mistake and replaced them when I could afford it. Have gradually been extending to shorter focal lengths as I realise the eye relief is ok, won't go below 5 though.

Stu

An update on my case I have replaced a couple of pieces so I thought I would show it off again

post-4536-0-77142900-1398100877_thumb.jp

post-4536-0-29326200-1398100944_thumb.jp

Top right   ts 80x480 triplet diagonal holder

bottom right   mount  and williams 1.25" diagonal

bottom left pentax xw 5, 7  Delos 12mm

top left maxvision sw 24mm and an es 4.7 which has been replaced by the pentax 5mm so one to get rid of

In the cases in the middle I have an es 2x tele extender and a rigel quick finder 

the other bits are for my push to with the nexus 7  fitting in the bottom left over the eyepieces

• Like 1

I swopped a 24mm Panoptic for my GIRO III head and counter weight. Cracking eyepiece, best 2425mm ep I have used but didn't use it as much as I thought I would, I stuck with the 32mm

Interesting, why do you think that was ie what did you prefer about the 32mm?

Cheers,

Stu

Stu,

The other point I can undersatnd about the eyepiece selection. I had as you know thw 21mm E and the 20mm Nagler, I bearly used the Ethos, so I had to sell the Nagler. The same is true of the 35mm Pan and the 31mm Nagler, I just keep using the 35mm Panoptic even though it may well be not as good in some repects I may just sell the 31mm. It is only when I get down to the shorter end I give them all a fair airing, horses for course seems to matter more at higher power.

Alan.

I'm beginning to think that swapping out eyepieces is as much a part of the hobby as it is actually using them. :huh2:

I'm sure give it a few months I will have another addition so I will not claim that this is the end of my EP buying days as I have got that wrong so many times before.

As for the present collections I really do not see much improvements that could be made given the budget I had set myself. Recent additions being 5,6,7mm Fujiyama orthos for sharp contrasted views of planets and the ES 9mm 100° after the 14mm, x1.6 barlow combination (roughly equivalent to 8.75mm) was seeing so much use. The near 550g weight saving alone making this one a worthy investment IMO.

post-8355-0-95083100-1398198940_thumb.jp

And the new additions for use with my refractor being the 26mm & 42mm Revelation Superview.

post-8355-0-56207900-1398201506_thumb.jp

They sure are Damo. I have to admit this is the only thing I dislike about them but then I have never really been a big fan of large eyepieces anyway despite now having a collection of oversized lumps of glass. On this ocassion I made the mistake of buying a 20mm 100° which was only intended to cover my low mag views but from that moment on I was addicted to the vast sea of stars offered up by them. The worry that gravity may one day win the battle and the fussing around with counter weights have been put aside because objects like M36 in the 14mm for example are breath taking and almost like looking at a totally new cluster even though this has always been a much visited target on my list.

• Like 1

And ideally something for these:

Hi Joves, I see you have gone for the Astronomik filters, I pressume for the CCD ones, myself, being visual only, have just completed my Lumicon collection and keep them within their outer boxes within my eyepiece case, sorry no photos.

Edited by rwilkey

I'm beginning to think that swapping out eyepieces is as much a part of the hobby as it is actually using them. :huh2:

I'm sure give it a few months I will have another addition so I will not claim that this is the end of my EP buying days as I have got that wrong so many times before.

As for the present collections I really do not see much improvements that could be made given the budget I had set myself. Recent additions being 5,6,7mm Fujiyama orthos for sharp contrasted views of planets and the ES 9mm 100° after the 14mm, x1.6 barlow combination (roughly equivalent to 8.75mm) was seeing so much use. The near 550g weight saving alone making this one a worthy investment IMO.

attachicon.gif2014-04-22_16.02.32.jpg

And the new additions for use with my refractor being the 26mm & 42mm Revelation Superview.

attachicon.gif2014-04-22_21.21.46.jpg

Nick, how do you rate the 26mm superview ? i also have the 42mm and find it superb in the TAL100