Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Show me your eyepiece/accessories case, please.

Leegsi

The Delos 6 looks and sounds like another amazing Tele Vue eyepiece :)

It looks even fatter than the 6mm Ethos - I can't quite understand why that should be, given the large difference in apparent field of view between the two models :rolleyes:

But at around £200 less expensive than the Ethos, the Delos is going to be a very popular product I reckon ;)

I don't want to sound like a tightwad, but I find that an ice cream tub works perfectly well as an eyepiece case - as long as the eyepieces have the dust caps on at either end then it's okay!

My first 'case' was an old shoebox. I'm still using it for some of my bits & pieces :rolleyes:

Ok, if everyone could please refrain from posting any more pics or positive comments regarding the Delos it would be greatly appreciated. I am trying so hard not to succumb to temptation, again :rolleyes:

Why would you do that to yourself?? :)

Ok, if everyone could please refrain from posting any more pics or positive comments regarding the Delos it would be greatly appreciated. I am trying so hard not to succumb to temptation, again :rolleyes:

;):D:D I feel the same but I can't resist the lure...............

Nah :p, this one's a keeper. If I get chance this weekend I'll do a full report and post comparison pics :)

......... of the green and black :p:D:D Look forward to the pics Revs.

Did you notice any reflections or ghosting when looking at Jupiter Revs ??

Why would you do that to yourself?? :rolleyes:

I have turned into an ep junkie and haven't had a fix in over a fortnight :)

Seriously though, that 6mm is a lovely piece of kit and i look forward to reading your full review. Enjoy.

Did you notice any reflections or ghosting when looking at Jupiter Revs ??

I'll go in to detail over the weekend as I'm aware that most of my posts in this thread have been a bit off topic. But the sort answer is; yes and no :)

I have turned into an ep junkie and haven't had a fix in over a fortnight :rolleyes:

Seriously though, that 6mm is a lovely piece of kit and i look forward to reading your full review. Enjoy.

Cheers. One thing has become apparent to me over the last few months and that is that the saying; the eyepiece is half of the scope, is so true. In fact I'd go further than that. With scope optics being of generally excellent quality now-a-days in all but the cheapest scopes, the EP is the component that will make or break the visual experience.

Edited by Revs

Hi guys

Finally decided to post my case, nothing too fancy but does the trick.

Hyperion 8mm & 17mm, 2" & 1.25" LP filters, 12mm Illuminated Plossl, 28mm & 14mm Hyperion fine tuning rings, 1.25" SW 2x Barlow.

IMG_0783.jpg

Cheers mark, gotta get a couple of naglers yet though..... :(

Don't :)

There is no turning back after that. Well at least you learn to appreciate quality eyepieces, which the Televue range are!

Next time we are up at the observatory give us a shout if you want to try any of my TV EP's.

Also the society has a couple I understand. the 35mm Panoptic has been used with the 16 inch dob a few times recently.

I certainly will do bud, Im up tomoz and fri. Fingers crossed for the weather!

Yeah ditto, still experiencing the dregs of hurricane Irene so hopefully the forecast is correct and it will improve as the week goes on.

Well off to west coast of Ireland next week so as long as it improves by then I will be a happy bunny. :)

• 1 month later...

I was just doing the "annual" check, cut and polish on my eyepieces ( see message #25 above) and noticed the foam is falling apart....mind you it must be almost thiry years old! Looks like I'll have to get a replacement foam inner and get the 1 1/4" wad punch and exacto blades out again....

Just posting mine again since the original picture has been moved.

This is the kit that I use with my Celestron 8SE:

telescopecase.jpg?t=1318076188

I use the large 2" diagonal pretty much all of the time now as I have the Baader SteelTrack focuser fitted (which is 2" only), the diagonal came with a 1.25" adaptor so I can still use my smaller eyepieces.

Dew header controller and power lead on the bottom left, mount power cable in red/black, filters on the bottom right (there are two more down there now).

I haven't actually used the 12v adaptor yet (left).

Edited by jonathan