Narrowband

Show me your eyepiece/accessories case, please.

Leegsi

Looking good Jules :)

Lots of space in there for some nice Orthos :)

Another update from me :)

Managed to find a flight case from a few years back that I had in the loft. With a bit of DIY with some foam and some double sided tape it now forms the basis of my accessories box.

plus a couple more eyepieces as well :)

Nice collection you have there Mark but where's the 5mm BGO ?

Latest change: Hand grenade added ;):headbang:

For my satisfaction, it found a good home. :)

I hope I don't regret selling it once I get a 16" dob but, for now, it was always a hard choice between using the 31mm Nagler or the 21mm Ethos. Both excellent but too similar in my 8" dob.

Edited by pvaz

Verrry nice Michael! Would love that 22T4 to add to my collection.

You will have to get your own. My 22T4 is not going anywhere (and neither is the 17T4)!! ;)

In fact the only other Nagler I want is the 12T4 to replace the 14mm UWA (only issue is eye relief, otherwise that is a cracking EP).

For my satisfaction, it found a good home. :)

I hope I don't regret selling it once I get a 16" dob but, for now, it was always a hard choice between using the 31mm Nagler or the 21mm Ethos. Both excellent but too similar in my 8" dob.

It has indeed found a good home, and I am very happy with it, thank you very much for letting me buy it, Paulo.

I wonder if I wont have the same dilemma with my 40mm Paragon you had with the Ethos 21 versus the Nagler 31T5. The Paragon has just a shade more FOV at a lower magnification than the 31T5. Might still be of use in public outreach, so no kids gets his dirty fingerprints on the 31T5 (or no woman gets her mascara on it :)).

I cannot test anything on stars yet, as it has clouded over completely (no surprises there then ;))

Edited by michael.h.f.wilkinson

For my satisfaction, it found a good home. ;)

I think you made the right choice too as I feel a 31mm focal length would give too large an exit pupil unless your 16" dob is very slow!

I think you made the right choice too as I feel a 31mm focal length would give too large an exit pupil unless your 16" dob is very slow!

Yeah that was part of the reasoning that lead me to sell it. I'm planning to get the SW 400p later in the year. The E21 will only have a 1.1º FOV while the Nagler 31T5 would show 1.4º FOV.

Anyway for now I'm upgrading my lenses to L series and the cash come in handy. When I eventually get the 16" dob I'll see if I miss the extra FOV, if so I can always get another 31mm Nagler then. ;)

I wonder if I wont have the same dilemma with my 40mm Paragon you had with the Ethos 21 versus the Nagler 31T5. The Paragon has just a shade more FOV at a lower magnification than the 31T5. Might still be of use in public outreach, so no kids gets his dirty fingerprints on the 31T5 (or no woman gets her mascara on it :)).

I was thinking that when I looked at your case. You will have to let me know what you think because I still wonder to myself if I should buy a 41mm panoptic.

With regards to the 31mm nag vs 21mm ethos, most of time I find myself going for the 31mm nag. Even though its only 82 deg it feels like an ethos.

Last night was great for stargazing and I was thinking to myself what would I keep if I had to trim it down to 3. For those interested the result was 31mm nag, 13mm ethos and 5mm XO. :)

I was thinking that when I looked at your case. You will have to let me know what you think because I still wonder to myself if I should buy a 41mm panoptic.

With regards to the 31mm nag vs 21mm ethos, most of time I find myself going for the 31mm nag. Even though its only 82 deg it feels like an ethos.

Last night was great for stargazing and I was thinking to myself what would I keep if I had to trim it down to 3. For those interested the result was 31mm nag, 13mm ethos and 5mm XO. :)

Given that I have only been able to use the 31T5 twice, it is a bit early to say. At this point I would not advise you to buy the 41 panoptic, as the FOVs are very close indeed. Since I already have the paragon, things are a bit different. During star parties I could set up the 80mm with the Nagler 31, and the C8 with the 40mm Paragon. A luxury situation, and maybe if a 12T4 pops up for sale, I will sell the Paragon to pay for the Nagler.

Here is my collection.

321242_10150468978925661_536420660_10839940_674579926_n.jpg

Started off with the 9mm kellner and 3.6mm super MA about 4 years ago. Cost me about £25 for both. Got the 15mm and 25 mm kellner a few weeks back, along with the filters, which are made by Revelation astro (#s 11, 12, 25, 47, 82a). I then purchased some "series 5000" plossls - 6.5mm and 40mm. Forget who makes them, they are on the web. Quite good but were dirt cheap (about £20 the pair!!).

Then I decided to spend a bit of money on the Revelation super plossl set, which set me back £109 for:

9mm, 12mm, 15mm, 20mm, 32mm projection eyepieces

2 x barlow, with ability to make it 1.5x

T thread - I don't use it, hence not in the box

Moon Filter - 25% filter

The case

• 1 month later...