NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Show me your eyepiece/accessories case, please.

Leegsi

Although I am no expert on the pros and cons of EP's I did give my personal impressions on the 22mm Nag in one of my threads http://stargazerslounge.com/members-equipment-gallery/117135-finally-tv-firm-2.html which may offer some insight.

SPACEBOY

P.S since removing pictures the thread may be a little confusing but you should get the general idea what EP's were being refered to.

Edited by spaceboy

Been some great ep collections added in the past few days, always good to see what people are using and the feedback given on the choices made.

Is it me or is an eyepiece case a living entity? always evolving and changing its appearence :)

Although I am no expert on the pros and cons of EP's I did give my personal impressions on the 22mm Nag in one of my threads http://stargazerslounge.com/members-equipment-gallery/117135-finally-tv-firm-2.html which may offer some insight.

SPACEBOY

P.S since removing pictures the thread may be a little confusing but you should get the general idea what EP's were being refered to.

this was a great write up mate and having used the 20mm Nagler for a short time I can agree with that side of the equation. the T4s really intrigue me and I am even considering swapping out a 12mm and 17mm for my 13mm Ethos in the future but will see what the 13mm fits like with my new dob.

as Alan said, we just cannot help ourselves when it comes to changing our kit; probably comes from the awful weather we seem to be stuck with currently.

SPACEBOY

Cheers for the link bud. Interesting read :)

As another member mentioned I would consider getting the contents of that case insured. I did come across an insurer who covers astro gear but it was some time ago and I can't remember where I saw it now.

While reading Novembers sky at nigh magazine I stumbled across the company who specialize in insuring astronomy gear. For anyone who was interested in insuring the contents of their EP case the site is www.astrosure.com Unfortunately it appears the site is under construction at the moment and there were no other details in the magazine. It was also suggested in the column that Churchill offer additional cover for personal possessions any where in the UK so that could also be an option ?

My gear is insured with the NFU ( National Farmers Union ) as specified individual items in and away from home .I claimed for a dropped 12" LX90 that had smashed its front corrector plate. The claim was settled with no fuss and didn't increase my premiums , in fact to add my new TV ep's and FLT 98 only cost an extra £14.20 PA . Would highly recommend .

Nah, I can't justify that :) but I have just pre-ordered a Delos 6mm :) I wanna do a side-by-side with the 12T4 in the Ultima x2... should be interesting!

Edited by Revs

Nah, I can't justify that :) but I have just pre-ordered a Delos 6mm :headbang:!

Dribble dribble drool :)

Dibs on the Delos if for some crazy reason you decide to sell in the distant future!!!!

Look forward to the first light review. What's the estimated date for release?

SPACEBOY

Should be within the month if all goes according to plan... but it rarely does. I was told they were due to go for final testing in 2 weeks, prior to distribution. Hopefully, as a spectacle wearing fast reflector user, the Delos will be a great shorty and if it lives up to the expectations as a narrower FOV Ethos the price seems very reasonable. Guess we'll see soon enough!