Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Show me your eyepiece/accessories case, please.

Leegsi

I think I need a new case. Don't know where the latest BGO addition is going to go :D

Caramba! Mucho verde!

Nice kit. I have the 22 and 17 T4 Naglers, great EPs. I am torn between getting a Nagler 31mm T5 like yours and the Explore Scientific 30mm 82 deg. I hear some people find the 31T5 needs quite exact eye positioning. What is your experience?

The BGO orther should fit in somewhere, they are quite tiny.

I think I need a new case. Don't know where the latest BGO addition is going to go :D

Mmmm, lovey BGO's, i have always kinda regretted selling mine. I convinced myself i wasn't getting on with the tight eye relief but in hindsight its probably not my best decision to date :)

Mmmm, lovey BGO's, i have always kinda regretted selling mine. I convinced myself i wasn't getting on with the tight eye relief but in hindsight its probably not my best decision to date :D

Yeah know what you mean.

After using a Circle T 9mm Ortho I am starting to quite like the orthoscopic characteristics.

Cant really justify to myself doubling up on focal lengths when I have the 7mm T6 and the Nagler zoom. :)

Spaceboy that is some seriously nice kit you have there, you kept those quiet at the star party :o

Edited by MjrTom

I see in your sig Mark you are going for a 10 or 12'' dob next. I had a look through a 12" solid tube Tuesday evening and it blew me away, along with my puny 8'' It has reignited my aperture fever all over again :D

I see in your sig Mark you are going for a 10 or 12'' dob next. I had a look through a 12" solid tube Tuesday evening and it blew me away, along with my puny 8'' It has reignited my aperture fever all over again :D

Yeah know the feeling :)

After looking through Shanes monster dob at the veil nebula last weekend I just cant resist the draw of the big aperture reflectors even though I am more of a refractor kind of guy.... :o

The veil nebula is invisible under my skies with the 4" refractor & OIII filter as I found out last night to my dismay, in the 16" you could not miss it, it looked like the long exposure photos you see of it and no mistaking what it was.... :p

Edited by MjrTom

I hear some people find the 31T5 needs quite exact eye positioning. What is your experience?

I searched reviews before I purchased the 31T5 and I almost didn't bother due to all the talk of eye position and black outs etc. The reason why I did buy the 31T5 is because I had read the same comments about the 22T4 and I have never had a problem with that. Some EP's are fussy to eye position but it's nothing that the user cannot adapt to and in most cases black outs are only caused by the user allowing the light cone to be cut off from entering the retina.

Edited by spaceboy

I hear some people find the 31T5 needs quite exact eye positioning. What is your experience?

The 1st day I used mine I found this, but it took only a couple of sessions to get used to it. Now I find it to be very confortable and easy to use.

Here's mine - due to a change of scope these are all recent additions except the 32mm omni and the shorty plus barlow. Looking forward to some clear skies to get some time with them.

Plenty of space left, though :D

IMG_4381.jpg

I have been a bit busy since posting my humble red bag offering the other day, i have just finished fitting out my ep case with foam, note there is room on the lower right for a couple of uni optics ortho`s

post-21509-133877688575_thumb.jpg

post-21509-133877688583_thumb.jpg

Looking good Jules :)

Lots of space in there for some nice Orthos :)

Another update from me :)

Managed to find a flight case from a few years back that I had in the loft. With a bit of DIY with some foam and some double sided tape it now forms the basis of my accessories box.

plus a couple more eyepieces as well :)