Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Show me your eyepiece/accessories case, please.

Leegsi

38 minutes ago, DRT said:

Thank you Mark. I'm sure lots of us will sleep more soundly this evening knowing that order has been restored :wink:

But I should admit that I have not posted my latest (and final) updated case as I have had to place one my 15mm Panoptic at 90 degrees to all of its siblings due to space constraints. I try not to look at it when I open the case :sad:

Edited by DRT

Here is what i strongly believe will be my final EP case

top row left to right Revelation 2" 42mm Revelation 32mm plossl, 25 and 20mm silvertop plossl`s, good for A-focal lunar 18mm Vixen Lanthanum

bottom

Revelation 15mm superview, Vixen 12mm NLV, Revelation x2.5 barlow and last but no means least Antares HD 9mm ortho there is a small x1.6 barlow in the clear case and some filters in the other case, this is not a posh ep case it will do for me

EP case 01.JPG

EP case 02.JPG

EP case.JPG

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, Highburymark said:

Considering the speed at which we have to keep remodelling our cases, I wonder if we could persuade FLO to open up a replacement foam division. An thinking they could brand it FLOAM Inc. 

Or something.

Crikey, I bet you had to pluck up courage to post that...... ?

• Like 5

2 hours ago, iPeace said:

Sorted. Done. Dusted. Finished. Complete. Happy. Nothing more to Scope can I offer.

large.ep_case_20160524_complete.JPG

Yup. Job done! So... surely you need a selection of scopes to use that glass in? :evil4:

• Like 2

On 5/22/2016 at 19:11, nightfisher said:

Here is what i strongly believe will be my final EP case

top row left to right Revelation 2" 42mm Revelation 32mm plossl, 25 and 20mm silvertop plossl`s, good for A-focal lunar 18mm Vixen Lanthanum

bottom

Revelation 15mm superview, Vixen 12mm NLV, Revelation x2.5 barlow and last but no means least Antares HD 9mm ortho there is a small x1.6 barlow in the clear case and some filters in the other case, this is not a posh ep case it will do for me

EP case 01.JPG

EP case 02.JPG

EP case.JPG

Nice set. I got the same 20mm Plossl for my kids mini-Dob and it is a surprisingly good performer even at F/4.3, which is quite a severe test. The Vixen (S/N)LVs are also very nice in my experience.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, iPeace said:

Sorted. Done. Dusted. Finished. Complete. Happy. Nothing more to Scope can I offer.

What a collection!!!! I very much like the way you have put them in the case. I have a collection of cases which, I guess like a few have been remodelled a fewtimes, this renders the foam lines pretty useless. The other thing is the likes of 41mm & 35mm Panoptic, 31mm Nagler and 21&17mm Ethos are really too heavy for this lining foam, this looks a solid idea can you enlarge on how you did it. BTW Not 4 o'clock in the afternoon and already 2.3 inches of rain today so my eyepiece cases could use a floatation collar.

Alan

• Like 1

2 hours ago, alan potts said:

What a collection!!!! I very much like the way you have put them in the case. I have a collection of cases which, I guess like a few have been remodelled a fewtimes, this renders the foam lines pretty useless. The other thing is the likes of 41mm & 35mm Panoptic, 31mm Nagler and 21&17mm Ethos are really too heavy for this lining foam, this looks a solid idea can you enlarge on how you did it. BTW Not 4 o'clock in the afternoon and already 2.3 inches of rain today so my eyepiece cases could use a floatation collar.

Alan

I will enlarge on this in a new, separate thread with some photos, etc.

• Like 2

Great I will read with interest, which I always do of course. No where here sells the liners for my cases and though not bad they are looking a bit battle worn. The silly thing was the last one I bought only had about a weeks use, then I went on Derek's diet and sold most of my what was full Delos range and about 6 Naglers. Still keep looking at the 4.7mm you have which would be offset by the sale of the 4.5mm Delos.

Alan

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Linda said:

And what is that blue thing? Your lipstick??

The blue thing is a twist up brush to clean an eyepiece from dust/grit if it were to become contaminated 

• Like 1

I've decided that it's best if I split my eyepieces into a case for mono viewing and a case for binoviewing. I'm still sorting out the bino case, but I think I am there with the mono case for now as shown below.

Although I don't wear glasses when viewing I do like having plenty of eye relief for comfort, say around 20mm. I also have enjoyed the Leica zoom over the past few year - being able to adjust magnification easily whilst still having excellent quality optics is great. I really like the compact form factor of the Leica 1.8x extender but wasn't too keen on unhooking it and the 2inch adapter each time I wanted the higher focal length. So by having two Leicas with one permanently having the 1.8x extender on, I have a good range between 18mm and 5mm on tap immediately - perfect for my f9 scope. But I also enjoy wide field views and the Pentax and Es 92 provide these but again with plenty of eye relief. For amusement sometimes I may use the 2x Powermate to give higher magnification wide field views. 

image.jpeg

Edited by Gavster
  • Like 2

Nice Gavster - having two Leicas means you could also move them to your other case - as the world's greatest pair of binoviewer EPs. How do you rate the extender?  I looked at this option too but in the end bought a Baader VIP. 

• Like 1

I rate the extender very highly. Optically excellent - it just seemed to change the Leica into a short mm length without having any affect on any characteristics of the zoom. The ease of use, compact form and lightweight are also key benefits.

9 hours ago, Gavster said:

I've decided that it's best if I split my eyepieces into a case for mono viewing and a case for binoviewing. I'm still sorting out the bino case, but I think I am there with the mono case for now as shown below.

Although I don't wear glasses when viewing I do like having plenty of eye relief for comfort, say around 20mm. I also have enjoyed the Leica zoom over the past few year - being able to adjust magnification easily whilst still having excellent quality optics is great. I really like the compact form factor of the Leica 1.8x extender but wasn't too keen on unhooking it and the 2inch adapter each time I wanted the higher focal length. So by having two Leicas with one permanently having the 1.8x extender on, I have a good range between 18mm and 5mm on tap immediately - perfect for my f9 scope. But I also enjoy wide field views and the Pentax and Es 92 provide these but again with plenty of eye relief. For amusement sometimes I may use the 2x Powermate to give higher magnification wide field views. 

image.jpeg

Superb collection. The Pentax XW 30 is a bit of a rarity

• Like 2

On 24 May 2016 at 18:16, iPeace said:

Weelllll, I s'pose it 'salright if you like that kind of thing......

??????

Doesn't get much better than that, lovely stuff. Been there, done that, sold them all, cried a lot, will buy them again in future ??

• Like 1