NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Show me your eyepiece/accessories case, please.

Leegsi

My Circle T ortho`s are gone to a new home, i have 3 eyepieces that i really like to replace them, still not sure if i need one more so once decided i will re model my case, but the more i think about it the more i feel i have it right for my scopes and eyes  now, i want this revamp to be about the last one, fed up with trying to cut holes in foam and make a tidy job of it

9 minutes ago, nightfisher said:

My Circle T ortho`s are gone to a new home, i have 3 eyepieces that i really like to replace them, still not sure if i need one more so once decided i will re model my case, but the more i think about it the more i feel i have it right for my scopes and eyes  now, i want this revamp to be about the last one, fed up with trying to cut holes in foam and make a tidy job of it

I haven't tried it myself Jules, but I've heard that if you freeze the foam first it is much easier to cut.

Mike 

• Like 1

On 04/05/2016 at 10:27, iPeace said:

You don't suppose that this layout is an all too blatant acknowledgement of what is bound to happen, do you?

tmp_8442-DSC_02421159256013.JPG

That's an illness not an eyepiece collection! :icon_bounce:

Mike

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iPeace said:

Soon to enter the terminal phase, I'm afraid...

:drunken_smilie:

Pshaw! 

Light and frivolous words that barely amuse the gods as they set plan and path to gainsay you. 

???

44 minutes ago, Floater said:

Pshaw! 

Light and frivolous words that barely amuse the gods as they set plan and path to gainsay you. 

???

Goodness, no offense meant. At any rate, my soul is prepared.

:happy11:

And I'm very grateful for every time they take the roof off my padded room so I can do some stargazing. Must stop howling at the Moon, though...

:headbang:

For the sake of understanding, I shall re-phrase. As my eyepiece collection nears completion, whatever problem I may have in this respect gets closer to being solved!

Edited by iPeace
  • Like 1

I do like the Delite range. Eventually the 15mm Pan might be on the chopping block and possibly even the 9mm Nagler even though I have only just re bought it!

Ultimately I will possibly get a full set over time. While I save though I have plenty of time!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Moonshane said:

I do like the Delite range. Eventually the 15mm Pan might be on the chopping block and possibly even the 9mm Nagler even though I have only just re bought it!

Ultimately I will possibly get a full set over time. While I save though I have plenty of time!

Wow, is the 9mm Nagler not working out as well as you hoped?

13 minutes ago, Moonshane said:

Ha ha

I have a replacement insert but don't want to use it until I get my ahem, final set.

Hilarious! How long does expanded foam take to biodegrade? I suspect it will do that before you're officially "done" :lol:

45 minutes ago, Moonshane said:

Eventually the 15mm Pan might be on the chopping block

Let me know when - I wouldn't mind pairing it with mine in a binoviewer :wink:

• Like 2

To those of you who, upon seeing this, hear one or more voices repeating the words "complete me" with varying levels of intensity, I say: don't worry, that's perfectly normal. (To all others, I say: :help:)

large.ep_case_20160519.JPG

Note: the foam dividers will probably be reinforced to be a bit more sturdy. The space at lower right is obviously predestined; the space in the middle is still up for grabs. :icon_biggrin:

Inevitably, this leads to a "second squad" of very fine eyepieces, which currently live in their boxes whilst their owner ponders their future:

large.ep_second_squad_20160519.JPG

One of these will probably be allocated a permanent spot in the case (it also has the advantage of not taking up too much space therein). Others may justify starting a second case - something which goes against my grab-and-go ethos (sorry, that's feeble) - or will find new owners in due course.

:happy11:

• Like 2

I was wondering what was wrong with the 10mm :D

Yeah, I'll give you another WOW!! ;)

BTW second-team castoffs always welcome - I'll cover postage :) If I lived near you, you'd probably find me snooping around your bins over the next few days!

Congrats :thumbsup:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, niallk said:

I was wondering what was wrong with the 10mm :D

Yeah, I'll give you another WOW!! ;)

BTW second-team castoffs always welcome - I'll cover postage :) If I lived near you, you'd probably find me snooping around your bins over the next few days!

Congrats :thumbsup:

Snooping around my... oh, the WHEELY bins, indeed. Thought you meant the Canon 10x30 IS bins. Now that WOULD be conspicuous. :happy11:

Thanks for your appreciation!

• Like 1

That is one of the nicest cases I've seen on this long-running thread, iPeace. Superb.

And those homeless individuals are of such an excellent bloodline that they will never be a problem - whether you keep 'em or move 'em on. But with your obvious talent for creating a neat case ...

• Like 2

watch out for the inevitable sagging of the pick an pluck foam.  Especially from the terminagler.

I recently re-lined my case with ethafoam, which is cheap, more rigid than P&P foam and easy to cut/work with.  I'll upload photos tonight.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OneEyedSam said:

watch out for the inevitable sagging of the pick an pluck foam.  Especially from the terminagler.

I recently re-lined my case with ethafoam, which is cheap, more rigid than P&P foam and easy to cut/work with.  I'll upload photos tonight.

Indeed, the case always remains in this position (flat) when not being carried with this in mind.

Nice and now even nicer :icon_biggrin:

It's often said that the Ethos range falls into 2 "sets" depending on the scope thats being used:

21-13-8

and

17-10-6

The 4.7 and 3.7 seem to be considered as "standalone" items.

Never being one for "rules" I seem to have a crossover set with some from each group but only the 21-13-8 group complete.

Edited by John
  • Like 2