Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Show me your eyepiece/accessories case, please.

Leegsi

10 minutes ago, Mak the Night said:

I've given all of my TV's individual names: The 19mm Panoptic is 'Dumpy' (because of its shape), the 24mm Pan 'Big Dumpy' and the 16mm Nagler the 'Spacewalk'. Is that weird?

No, there is nothing wrong with us putting our eyepieces in nice cosy boxes, giving them names and looking at them lovingly each night before we go to bed. That is all perfectly normal behaviour.

What might be weird is if we kept taking pictures of them and posting them on the internet, but I'm sure none of us would fall into that trap :rolleyes2::wink:

• Like 8

OK, how are these for ersatz eyepiece cases? These cardboard boxes go out with my 90mm grab’n’go bag. I have a selection of eight grab’n’go EP’s ranging from a 30mm Vixen NPL to a 6mm AH ortho’. The box on the right fits into a compartment in the top of the Omegon OTA carrying bag, it is an old TeleVue Barlow box and now safely houses an 18mm AH and 8 and 11mm TV Plossls. The other box has been conveniently fitted with some foam bits and fits into a side pocket on the flight bag which carries the entire grab’n’go set out.

Grab'n'go2.jpg

I don’t have names for any of the non-TeleVue EP’s, I mean that would be crazy right?

You can see Dumpy’s twin brother there (I have two 19mm Panoptics). Incidentally, the 8mm TV Plossl is called ‘Squinty’ and the 11mm Plossl is called 'Legs’ (Legs - Eleven ... get it?).

Is Nurse Ratched coming with my medication yet?

• Like 4

The only effective medication for this trend is a pic of a new/revamped case. 

Step up. Who will be first?

p.s. If you've given your case a pet name please don't tell us. Nurse is very busy right now ...

• Like 1

Apart from when I occasionally use the blower for removing some impurities I know are on the lens, I very rarely look at them. The same for the tv60 or tripod. 

I know, neglecting (eyepiece) babies is not good.. I am just trying to educate them not to be egocentric! :)

Edited by Piero
  • Like 3

Ok so finally split my collection up. The first box is for the refractor and the other the Dob. I will try to replave the LVW with a 8mm radian and also get a 7mm delite but there is no rush with either.

The dob box is complete save a space for the TV Dioptrx soon to arrive.

ep1.jpg

ep2.jpg

Edited by bomberbaz
trying to get the picture in correct orientation
  • Like 2

After looking through LVW and cheap Plossls for years, I finally got my first eyepiece case and a premier collection.

These eps will give me 41X, 64X, 90X, 150X, and 257X when using 120apo. Perhaps I should add a Delos 4.5 to fill the gap between 6 and 3.5. :happy7:

eyepieces.JPGeps case.JPG

• Like 7

2 hours ago, surfindogg said:

Lordy this is an evil thread! It's been days now with no food or drink and I am still only on page 33!!!!!!

It's not a thread. It's a way of life.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Piero said:

Two funny things about this thread are that the OP gave up and that he only received 1 'like' for creating the most popular thread on SGL! 

Good point. He now has my 'like', for what it's worth...

• Like 2