Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

New Mesu 200 for £1500.....really...

LightBucket

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the buyer can get a plausible explanation for the sale or see the original invoice/delivery note, turn up, see it working and pay at the time then it would appear they'll get a very good deal.

Very recent registration on the site, no previous history of advertising, and just a mount offered with no other kit at the same time at a very low price considering it would be almost certain to sell within hours for even twice the asking price, and no more detail in the ad that might address these rather obvious reasons for lack of confidence that it's all above board give me doubts though.  It may very well be legitimate, but on the basis of the ad alone I wouldn't touch it with a bargepole.

James

1 hour ago, Davey-T said:

I'd at least want a photo, can't see any reason not to post one if they have the mount.

Do Mesus have serial numbers ? if so I'd want to see that to check it's not stolen.

Dave

Indeed....something doesn't seem quite right here. I  would probably apply the thinking that..."if it sounds too good to be true it probably is"

Steve

I contacted him and got a reply saying it was provisionally sold but if it fell through then he would come back to me, payment on collection so no chance of a scam and you could see it working.

So sometimes you can come across superb deals.

1 hour ago, Jkulin said:

I contacted him and got a reply saying it was provisionally sold but if it fell through then he would come back to me, payment on collection so no chance of a scam and you could see it working.

So sometimes you can come across superb deals.

Wow....someone is very happy then... ? Not me though, missed out there..... ☹️

Just 20 mins on the Net would tell a total non Astro person that it would be worth at least twice that, yet it was advertised on ABS so I just don’t get the price. 

I have written down for Mrs Tomato what my Astro gear is worth so she doesn’t do something similar should I expire unexpectedly.

5 minutes ago, newbie alert said:

Maybe someone's wife sold it for what he said he paid for it!

I now have this image in my head of lots of SGL members rushing off to write an addendum to their will that tells surviving family what they actually paid for their gear instead of what they said they paid for their gear :D

James

4 minutes ago, JamesF said:

I now have this image in my head of lots of SGL members rushing off to write an addendum to their will that tells surviving family what they actually paid for their gear instead of what they said they paid for their gear :D

James

I see I'm not the only one who has hidden receipts! I'm so glad FLO email the invoice over instead of sticking it in the plastic wallet on the box?

Archived