SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hi from The Netherlands

PaulR1

Hey Folks ,

First post here . I have been making a study now of AP for perhaps a year figuring out whats needed , working out the correct way to go, to start.

Seems like the next step is reading Making Every Photon Count by Steve Richards. Right now I have no equipment at all so will get the point of aquiring things when I feel it is the right time, I'm in no rush and certainly what I will be seeing up in the sky isnt going anywhere , so all good :)

I do find it interesting reading about this hobby though and it seems this forum is one of the busier ones.

I notice we also have a for sale section here so maybe this would be a place to go when I start collecting gear together.

Speak soon ! :)

Welcome to SGL!!! There's a few imagers around, so if you have any questions just ask. The book is an excellent read and will help you a lot. :) Glad that you found us and hope that you enjoy your time here.

Thanks for the welcome guys , I will continue to read and no doubt post some questions in the more relavent forum sections .

Oh and to clarify I live in NL however my Dutch is a bit flakey as I'm from the UK , something else that is on a long term learning curve ;)

Welcome to SGL Paul. Whereabouts in the Netherlands are you? I have been doing planetary, lunar and solar imaging for a while, and have recently started out on DSO imaging, so if you are in the "far north" as Groningen is often referred to, you could drop by to see how I do things at some time.

Clear skies

Archived