Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

How to get in trouble with my partner

GavStar

Well at least you packed everything away neatly in its bags - you should see my lounge the next morning - I leave all the kit lying around so it's dry when I put it away - the place looks like a proverbial explosion!

I seem to leave something in the garden after a long session....  oh... that does not read exactly as I meant....

Anyway.....  3 possible clear nights......   best to pay for the Missus to go on a health spa mini break and avoid the Paddington stares....

7 minutes ago, TheMightyKong said:

Hi Gavster,

What case do do you use to transport your AP130GTX?

thanks

It's just a standard Orion soft refractor bag (blue one in the picture above). It's padded at the bottom and light so serves my purposes well. But I am careful when carrying the scope in the bag since it won't protect against rough handling.

Looks tidy enough to me.

Tell her that she is lucky that you don't have a decent dob!

Mine is pretty understanding as long as when I come in from a good observing session, I don't: a) wake her up to tell her about an obscure NGC fuzzy that I've hunted down, or, b ) used her as a foot warmer..... no sense of humour at all!

Paul

Oh no, no, no. You've left one of the bags at right angles to the others, won't do at all :evil4::D.

Fortunately (?) I don't have a "significant other" to complain about my chaotic tangle of cables, laptops and power supplies after an imaging session.

11 hours ago, Mered said:

With kit packed away in bags like that, you could easily upgrade bits without anyone knowing!

I can envisage sgl'rs everywhere clambering to buy such bags after being inspired by this comment! :)

What a neat arrangement of fine astronomical equipment.

What’s not to like?

As others have said, my kit gets left open to dry and is not as neatly homed or laid out, but it does live in the dining room to cause less inconvenience.

As to containing yourself to wake up the significant other to share your wonder set of the night Paul, I feel your emotional suffering, you do need to share these wonders sometimes. My o/ h is less than accommodating in this sharing of observing too.

The bags look very nice indeed, but do they not absorb dampness, that you then transfer into that light coloured carpet?.

I have "trained" my OH (reduced her expectations) to expect a house full of clutter before, during and after a session...

Forgive me Gavin, but there is absolutely no chance I will share those pix showing how tidy stuff can be left afterwards !! It would start an arguement, for sure.

Gordon

Just now, Moonshane said:

I leave mine to dry too. My wife doesn't mind too much as long as it's tidied away in the morning while I do her a brew while she is still in bed ?

Sounds similar to me Shane, Coffee delivered bedside after a quick tidy scores Brownie points.

V funny comments! I will let my partner know how lucky she is to have me...

Luckily my kit was dry when I brought it in, so I was able to pack it up virtually immediately. Indeed it has been much messyier In the past when it has needed to dry out.

My Astro bags do seem to be breeding though ?

2 hours ago, Mr Spock said:

I was told there wasn't room for all my kit.

So I made room.

She's gone...

I was told there wasn't room for my kit also.

I didn't go that far.....but bought an observatory and stuck it at the bottom of the garden :)

Steve

Archived