NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

SGL XI Chit Chat

daz

Missing my yearly camping, chat and stars :/

Just one thing for folks there - just make sure the food is stored up and off the floor. The last two times we had voles, hedgehogs and toads wandering around the inside of the tent extension looking for things to eat and to get out of the weather and keep warm lol.

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, NickK said:

Just one thing for folks there - just make sure the food is stored up and off the floor. The last two times we had voles, hedgehogs and toads wandering around the inside of the tent extension looking for things to eat and to get out of the weather and keep warm lol.

Shame you're unable to make it this year Nick, don't think I've had wildlife in mine although I've had to try & block up underneath the van so no Ducks can come wandering in the awning.

Now is the time I had planned to set off. Well, call me a Weakly Interacting Massive Particle, but I like to relax driving my motorcaravan to Lucksall. It's currently gusting at 50+mph here at Exeter, one of the Severn bridges is closed, and it doesn't look as if the weather will be calm and balmy after lunch (but you know what the Met Office is like  - actually, they are forecasting a clear sky down here tonight). So, with my sympathies to the MACHOS in tents, I'm going to postpone my travel until tomorrow morning. I think I'll go to the cinema and see Hail, Caesar!  Until tomorrow, then.

Allan

12 hours ago, DRT said:

I'm packing the car tomorrow and will be down to join the fun on Thursday afternoon.

I have a tent that has not yet been out of its bag - I might need you to give me some expert direction, Adrian :wink:

me to derek, bought a outwell nirvada mp looks easy to put up on you tube but havnt got it out of the bag yet, shall i say im a bit nervous :happy7:

3 hours ago, Joe12345 said:

Do you think they would survive rain and ice? Don't want to risk £500 worth of stuff because I didn't want to pay the extra £20.

i dont want to risk over 4ks worth of gear either but should be fine. the quality is realy realy good. just take some cord so you can lash it to the ground with tent pegs.

42 minutes ago, NickK said:

no that was me and calv :happy7:

11 minutes ago, faulksy said:

me to derek, bought a outwell nirvada mp looks easy to put up on you tube but havnt got it out of the bag yet, shall i say im a bit nervous :happy7:

Ill get the popcorn ready

24 minutes ago, estwing said:

and then there was old Nick at the PSP tornado alley...:evil6:...funny how this weather follows me...:clouds2:

dont come to sgl then cal, titch has had great weather

32 minutes ago, swamp thing said:

And you just watched from your warm, dry  doss bag.........scum :evil62:

was going to mention that. i would of helped you steve, but i couldnt stop laughing :hiding:

Still raining here in York. Not due to come down to Lucksall til tomorrow, but wondering whether to bother...is it very wet there? Is the river under control? Should I bring a periscope instead of a telescope? Hope you are all dry!

19 minutes ago, faulksy said:

was going to mention that. i would of helped you steve, but i couldnt stop laughing :hiding:

Lucky I couldn't hear you laughing over the howling wind and horizontal torrential rain soaking me to the skin :lol: 

1 minute ago, swamp thing said:

Lucky I couldn't hear you laughing over the howling wind and horizontal torrential rain soaking me to the skin :lol: 

i was laughing loud but the wind and dan snoring was louder

Hi Nick,

Thanks for the animal warning, I have just had vole pie and a Whiskey sauce for lunch.

The weather is rough..... so time for cider ( and processing those images ) as we did 6 or 7 years back!

People are arriving after detours for flooding and gale force winds.

I am about to do some tent erection for Jaffa Cakes.

Cheers

Adrian

I've come down with a  stinking cold today, and am driving down tomorrow. I came down with flu the day before kielder last October and couldn't go. As long as I am fit to drive and put my tent up I can always laze around eating biscuits in my camp bed. LOL.

Coming tomorrow, am already most of the way down there as staying with a cousin in Cheltenham with van already packed.

Weather forecast is not looking very good, so will come for a couple of days at least just to be sociable.  Fingers crossed we might get some clear skies.

Carole

Clear Outside is looking not too bad for tomorrow. When I looked yesterday it was red all the way through the night but has changed significantly. Hopefully a recurring theme will emerge :grin:

Archived