Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SGL XI Chit Chat

daz

The car is packed and I can't believe how much I managed to get in it...

16" Dob, 11" SCT, 8 fracs, 4 tripods, observing chair, 5 flight cases, beer-drinking chair, tent, beer and whisky. Not sure where my clothes are going to go but will figure that out in the morning.

See you all tomorrow afternoon :cool:

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, DRT said:

The car is packed and I can't believe how much I managed to get in it...

16" Dob, 11" SCT, 8 fracs, 4 tripods, observing chair, 5 flight cases, beer-drinking chair, tent, beer and whisky. Not sure where my clothes are going to go but will figure that out in the morning.

See you all tomorrow afternoon :cool:

are you sure its not a transit , dont forget your ethosesss :happy7: have a good trip mate

Hoping to come over tomorrow afternoon to say hello to everyone. I went over on Sunday and met Tich for a cup of tea so things are looking good for a great social get together again. Checking on different weather websites we might be lucky to get some clear spells and it looks extremely positive for some  solar observing.

See you tomorrow - I am looking forward to my 10 minute drive.:happy11:

A nice P.S. its nearly 9pm and I have just been outside and the sky is starting to clear so hopefully someone at Lucksall tonight might get a bit of observing.

40 minutes ago, faulksy said:

are you sure its not a transit , dont forget your ethosesss :happy7: have a good trip mate

Fear not, the Ethoi case was one of the first things loaded :wink:

20 minutes ago, Mark at Beaufort said:

Hoping to come over tomorrow afternoon to say hello to everyone.

Feel free to pop over around 1pm, Mark. I'll be happy to supervise and make the tea while you put up my tent :lol:

More or less set for SGLXI, my first. Looking forward to meeting people, beer, the hog roast, beer, the curry, wine, chasing patches of clear sky, the jaffa cake black market and the cafe breakfast, possibly washed down with a beer or maybe a glass of port as I'll only just be up. 

I'm fairly handy with tentage, paraffin or gas lamps and stoves, etc, so if anyone needs a hand please feel free to give me a shout down on pitch 67. It'll a pleasure to help. I'm just rubbish with telescopes. 

A big thanks to everyone involved in organising the event and running the site. It is appreciated. 

Cheers

Sammy (Dave)

Hi Daz,

The Scope Nights app on my iPad is showing partial cloud from Mid-night tonight till 03:00am and near clear from 03:00 till 06:00am Thursday morning. As Mark B says the skies around Hereford are clearing.

But there is a whiskey haze appearing......

To those planning on coming via Oxford, there are long delays on the A40 around the city, cause by roadworks, I took 40 minutes to do what I normally do in 7 minutes on Monday morning.

Have a save trip and don't worry about putting tents up in strong winds. We will watch over you.....

Cheers

Adrian 

7 minutes ago, Sammy Craig said:

More or less set for SGLXI, my first. Looking forward to meeting people, beer, the hog roast, beer, the curry, wine, chasing patches of clear sky, the jaffa cake black market and the cafe breakfast, possibly washed down with a beer or maybe a glass of port as I'll only just be up. 

I'm fairly handy with tentage, paraffin or gas lamps and stoves, etc, so if anyone needs a hand please feel free to give me a shout down on pitch 67. It'll a pleasure to help. I'm just rubbish with telescopes. 

A big thanks to everyone involved in organising the event and running the site. It is appreciated. 

Cheers

Sammy (Dave)

Hi Dave,

I'm bringing my brand new tent that I've never pitched before, it's supposed to be easy to put up as it's inflatable - I'm local to you in pitch 59 so might give you a shout.

I'm arriving mid Friday afternoon; how about you?

Regards,

Mark

2 hours ago, A40farinagolf said:

Hi Dave,

I'm bringing my brand new tent that I've never pitched before, it's supposed to be easy to put up as it's inflatable - I'm local to you in pitch 59 so might give you a shout.

I'm arriving mid Friday afternoon; how about you?

Regards,

Mark

Hiya Mark,

I'll be there around 4 tomorrow I reckon, leaving Nottingham about 1 I hope. I'll keep an eye out for you on Friday.

Look forward to meeting you.

Cheers

Dave

Hi,

It is 23:55 on Wednesday night and the skies at Lucksall are clearing fast, this could be your last opportunity to see clear skies before Friday night.....

The wind has dropped, no rain, the world is coming alive, there is lots of chatter at the moment.

The temperature has also dropped in the last hour or two and the road by the campsite has been gritted...

Cheers

Adrian

Archived