Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SGL XI Chit Chat

daz

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, AllanJ said:

Tich, I hope you are leaving some clear skies for when the rest of us arrive

I'll try my best Alan if not I'll get mighty Thor out with his rubber mallet to scare em off for you.

Looking good Tich! Weather looks a bit ominous for the rest of the week. Bringing cider this year as I remember drinking a few of your beers with Daz last year. A few of somersets finest thatchers might help if the weather clouds over (sadly looking a bit likely!) haha

20 hours ago, aramitsharma said:

Oops.. just saw i have missed booking the dinner. Anyone having spare coupons I can buy for Friday and Saturday?

Yep.  I have a spare for the Hog and the Curry, you can have them if you want.

4 minutes ago, AllanJ said:

Well, that's the van mostly packed; just a few things to do this afternoon then I can head off into the rain and gales tomorrow mid-morning, aiming to arrive lunchtime. Or later.

Not arriving until Thursday sometime, look forward to catching up.

Dave

2 hours ago, Twisted Lip said:

Looking good Tich! Weather looks a bit ominous for the rest of the week. Bringing cider this year as I remember drinking a few of your beers with Daz last year. A few of somersets finest thatchers might help if the weather clouds over (sadly looking a bit likely!) haha

Bringing Somerset Cider to Herefordshire! Brave man :)

Quick M51 from last night...

M51-sgl11-2.jpg

8 minutes ago, Davey-T said:

Not arriving until Thursday sometime, look forward to catching up.

Dave

Friday lunchtime for me now ??. The deep deep joys of child care juggling!

At least that guarantees crystal clear sky on Thusday night for the rest of you.

Paul

10 minutes ago, AstroGnome said:

Bringing Somerset Cider to Herefordshire! Brave man :)

Haha, what can I say, I'm a stickler for quality ;) Besides, they'll probably stop me at the border and take it all lol

Great M51 btw, now if we can just maintain those clear skies for a few more days ;)

just a thought guys/gals. if anyone is after a cover for there scopes i have just bought a brilliant one from halfords. its nice and soft, heat reflective and doesnt allow condensation to build up

http://www.halfords.com/cycling/bike-maintenance/bike-storage-solutions/bikehut-all-weather-multi-bike-cover

and a smaller one

http://www.halfords.com/cycling/bike-maintenance/bike-storage-solutions/bikehut-all-weather-single-bike-cover

just a thought so you can leave them out all day and night :happy7:

6 hours ago, AllanJ said:

Well, that's the van mostly packed; just a few things to do this afternoon then I can head off into the rain and gales tomorrow mid-morning, aiming to arrive lunchtime. Or later.

Yep, me too, car packed except the toiletries. Exactly the same time scale as you. Are you camping? I've got to try and get my tent up in that wonderful weather!

Well as its cloudy thought I'd add some flats & bias frames to last nights M45, shame about the reflections on the stars think that was down to the LP filter.

56df33a5c9f74_ooooarrrrooooarrrrooooarrr

Hi Daniel,

The gravel basis is level, easy to get pegs into, I would not like to sleep on it, it would be like an Indian gentleman on a bed of nails...

If you don't have an air bed,  you need to be off the ground, as it froze last evening, the telescope covers were stiff with the ice.

No viewing or imaging tonight, been to the pub to see Arsenal V Hull, friendly lot there at the Moon Inn in Mordiford.

I am an expert in watching folk put tents up in gale force wind and rain......

Have a safe trip.

Cheers

Adrian

I'm packing the car tomorrow and will be down to join the fun on Thursday afternoon.

I have a tent that has not yet been out of its bag - I might need you to give me some expert direction, Adrian :wink:

15 hours ago, faulksy said:

just a thought guys/gals. if anyone is after a cover for there scopes i have just bought a brilliant one from halfords. its nice and soft, heat reflective and doesnt allow condensation to build up

http://www.halfords.com/cycling/bike-maintenance/bike-storage-solutions/bikehut-all-weather-multi-bike-cover

and a smaller one

http://www.halfords.com/cycling/bike-maintenance/bike-storage-solutions/bikehut-all-weather-single-bike-cover

just a thought so you can leave them out all day and night :happy7:

Do you think they would survive rain and ice? Don't want to risk £500 worth of stuff because I didn't want to pay the extra £20.

37 minutes ago, Joe12345 said:

Do you think they would survive rain and ice? Don't want to risk £500 worth of stuff because I didn't want to pay the extra £20.

I used to keep a £13,000 motorbike under one of these 365 days a year in Edinburgh and it never failed :wink:

1 hour ago, kerrylewis said:

Tich

Were you using wifi for that live feed? Just wondered if it is available 

Kerrt 

There is WiFi Kerry but I think it can only be accessed around the cafe area, I just tethered the phone to the laptop & it works ok.

32 minutes ago, kerrylewis said:

OK thanks. When I was last there 2 years ago it wasn't working. 

Just hoping that the rain eases a little here so I can finish loading and then I'll be off

Kerry 

Take it easy driving down here & that goes for anyone else as the wind is pretty bad plus possible floods too.

Archived