Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_comet_46p_winners.thumb.jpg.b3d48fd93cbd17bff31f578b27cc6f0d.jpg

daz

SGL XI Chit Chat

6 hours ago, steppenwolf said:

Have a great time all of you - I wish I could have made it this time but it wasn't to be.

My sentiments exactly - I hope everyone has a great star party and I wish I could be there this year.

• Like 4

The things astronomers do on cloudy nights!!   :evil6:

56e4721dee9c0_P3120292(2).thumb.jpg.9c65

P3120292 (2) crop.jpg

• Like 17

50 minutes ago, tich said:

The things astronomers do on cloudy nights!!   :evil6:

56e4721dee9c0_P3120292(2).thumb.jpg.9c65

P3120292 (2) crop.jpg

Classic Tich...simply classic. I always said you had that sparkle about you. 

• Like 2

Just want to say thanks for the hospitality we received, my wife and I enjoyed our visit to Lucksall today.  It was nice to catch up with some of the familiar members, and also to become acquainted with others.  We look forward to attending next year's SGL star party, hopefully for the entire week.

Cheers, and clear skies to everyone. :smiley: 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, L8-Nite said:

Just want to say thanks for the hospitality we received, my wife and I enjoyed our visit to Lucksall today.  It was nice to catch up with some of the familiar members, and also to become acquainted with others.  We look forward to attending next year's SGL star party, hopefully for the entire week.

Cheers, and clear skies to everyone. :smiley: 

It was great seeing you Mike apologies for not getting back later as Saturdays always seem a bit manic for me, same goes for Lenny & thanks for building the pier for me. I'll keep you posted on the developments.
See you at Pencelli in October.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, tich said:

It was great seeing you Mike apologies for not getting back later as Saturdays always seem a bit manic for me, same goes for Lenny & thanks for building the pier for me. I'll keep you posted on the developments.
See you at Pencelli in October.

No apologies needed, enjoy your time at Lucksall, see you later in the year.  :thumbsup:

Really glad I finally made it to SGL and thanks everyone for the warm welcome. We had to cut it short and depart after the hogroast but it was great to put some faces to names. It was like a telescope showroom out there!  My brother in law enjoyed as well and thanks all for letting us look through your scopes. Clear skies.  

Kevin

Thanks to the organisers for another amazing star party.

Met some great people. My son Josh had a great time as well.Enjoyed some fab things through many scopes.Mark

• Like 1

Back home now and chilling out after a Sunday roast :)

As usual I had a good laugh and it was nice to catch up with a few old friends and make some new ones, even though the stars didnt really want to come out and play. But its looking good out there so I've already re-assembled the imaging gear ready for another stab at my current project.

Nice to be part of the winning quiz team too! :D:D:D

• Like 4

As above, thanks as always to the organisers. Its greatly appreciated and always good to see everyone again :)

Same time next year? ;)

Will

• Like 1

Same here.  This was my first SGL camp and it was a blast.  Skies could have been better but hey ho, think I've made some friends.  Will DEFINITELY be attending next year hopefully for 4 or 5 days. Thank you to all involved,  I was made to feel very welcome. 

Ally

• Like 1

I was up there Saturday morning trying to fix the mount etc, I loved seeing all the scopes setup, only wish I had more time to browse the bring and buy sale.  I do feel terrible though think the guys name was Daniel? he put my hand controller on his mount it worked first off then once we disconnected it and his mount went the same way! "cant connect to mount stand alone". The only thing I can think of is the handset is wrecking the motherboard somehow. Anyone ever heard of this? it seems very strange. I hope he sorted the mount out I do feel tyerrible about it

Paul

Edited by brrttpaul

It's looking promising for tonight chaps, & the sunset wasn't to shabby either.

56e5bdb557503_lucksallsunset.thumb.jpg.f

• Like 7

Its gone a bit hazy slightly north of you - Im guessing that wont pass through until about 8 or 9pm(ish) judging by sat24 - the mount is out anyway.

• Like 1

I had a great time, it was really good to meet up with everybody. There was just too much nice kit though - now I want a huge scope and a set of Ethos. Looking forward to the next one, but need to catch up on my sleep for now!

3 minutes ago, Uranium235 said:

Its gone a bit hazy slightly north of you - Im guessing that wont pass through until about 8 or 9pm(ish) judging by sat24 - the mount is out anyway.

DING DONG!!
I'm set up ready anyway so might get something or nothing who knows but if it isn't going to be a good then things might end up getting messy :evil6:

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, tich said:

DING DONG!!
I'm set up ready anyway so might get something or nothing who knows but if it isn't going to be a good then things might end up getting messy :evil6:

lol... :D  I say old boy

leslie-phillips.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks to the organisers for a great event. I had a great time, albeit a bit of a drunken one mainly thanks to "Kerry's Wine Bar" and on Saturday I was treated to some very nice Vodka too :happy6: 

The only downside was seeing my cousin Bastien being cooked..... mind you the sorry feeling past with my first bite :icon_biggrin:

IMG_0315 (1).JPG

Edited by Pig
  • Like 5

I'm back home now from my first camping & star party!! It was brilliant, even though the sky was cloudy... I did manage to see the moon last night through my scope for like 30 seconds and as soon as I switched my laptop on the cloud took over again.... I know... I need a new laptop!!

Everyone there was ever so friendly and the hogroast (and the potato salad) was the best I've ever had. Special thanks to two gentlemen who helped me putting up my tent! (I know one is Tich, never got the name of the other gentlman though he was just two tents away from me - sorry!) And to Andrian who helped me to take it down :icon_biggrin: With all the advice and tips I got before the event I stayed cosy and warm in Lucksall - depending on how you look at it, it's either a complete success or a complete failure for a first-time camper...

I'd like to thank everyone who made me feel welcomed. And it was great to put faces to names - Andy, Uranium 235, Paul, Dr Ju Ju, Sarah...and I enjoyed the talk about video astronomy. 

Already looking foward to the next one!

Edited by miafey
  • Like 5

Arrived stressed went home relaxed. Thank you to the organisers. Ok the skies weren't  good but it sure beats work see you all next time.

The sky seems to be holding up reasonably well here, hope its still good down there!

• Like 1

Moon is going down & its getting nice & dark now, marvelous ole bean!!