Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Show us your Frac

4 hours ago, Doc said:

There are some great telescope set up here, I really like Fozzie's one, so elegent.

Here's mine:

Clave 80/1208 Refractor - Michael Bird

Mmm, this setup has an uncanny resemblance to the five inch triplet taken to Kelling last September by Peter Drew - picture below.   It's on the mount Peter made for it  ages ago, of a similar design.  Peter is to the right of the tent.

P9070178a.thumb.jpg.726007dec42e5c9288a7a557431242a7.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just to redeem myself on this thread, here is my Tak in solar white light mode this morning. It is on a very nice Vixen GP mount with dual axis drives, DD3 controller and a pillar mount which helps see the sun down a bit lower!

Baader Coolwedge, Mark IV Binos and 25mm orthos. x1.7 and x2.6 GPCs and an AP Barcon used to get higher powers.

I have pair of 2.5mm Vixen LVs I want to try if the sun would just come back out again!!

20190413_085027.jpg

20190413_085038.jpg

• Like 14

5 minutes ago, Davey-T said:

Looking good Ade, how come you've got Sun ? it's raining here :hmh:

Dave

I had to pack away Dave because it started raining here too. Might try again this afternoon.

@AdeKing great looking setup ??

10 minutes ago, Davey-T said:

Looking good Ade, how come you've got Sun ? it's raining here :hmh:

I don't know Dave, but I'm making the most of it because looking at the direction the clouds are travelling I think its coming from Stu's direction.

5 minutes ago, Stu said:

I had to pack away Dave because it started raining here too. Might try again this afternoon.

@AdeKing great looking setup ??

Thanks Stu, I'm really pleased and am sorted with scopes for a while now. I wasn't expecting clear skies today so have WL and Ha running to take advantage. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AdeKing said:

First outing for the ED120 in WL mode with Lunt 1.25" wedge. Will try with the BVs shortly. 

IMG_20190413_111551.jpg

I did a double take there for a second - my ED120 is the same colour scheme and has the same focuser !. Your tube rings are more substantial than mine though.

Very nice setup :)

24 minutes ago, John said:

I did a double take there for a second - my ED120 is the same colour scheme and has the same focuser !. Your tube rings are more substantial than mine though.

Very nice setup :)

Thanks John, this one came to me after passing from @Grumpy Martian to @Moonshane and back again. 

I'm very pleased with it. I knew you had a gold ED120 as well but didn't know you had the same focuser too.

Martin tells me that Shane added the Moonlite and substantial rings to the setup. 

What I wasn't prepared for was the weight increase from the ED100, I can see why Martin was finding it a bit of a handful. 

Martin comes down to Swanage regularly so still gets to look through it. 

• Like 1

This is my travel telescope, a Stellarvue/LZOS 80mm which I use on a Manfrotto 055b/ RC128 combination

I had just finished doing some solar observing.

I also just finished refurbishing a new C6R and CG-5, I missed my big refractor while working away from home. 

Lots of time spent tweaking the cannon but it works well now. 

Stellarvue NHNG 80.png

Beefractor.jpg

Edited by Gabby76
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, Fozzie said:

Lovely set up John, and a fairly unique Borg scope and binoviewers, would have loved to look through this at ingleton, many moons ago.

Hello Fozzie. 

Hhmm. Ingleton. That was a while back !! 

Not even sure I had this OTA at that time. 

Ive not come across too many Borg achros on SGL.  This one is my small cannon and is easy to move about the garden as required on the AZ- GTI. 

regards John 

Edited by Telescope40

The over mounted setups shown during the last couple of pages made me smile. who reckons a "show me your over/under mounted scopes" thread would be a fun idea? 

I've certainly under mounted a few in my time ? 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 12/04/2019 at 17:21, paulastro said:

Mmm, this setup has an uncanny resemblance to the five inch triplet taken to Kelling last September by Peter Drew - picture below.   It's on the mount Peter made for it  ages ago, of a similar design.  Peter is to the right of the tent.

P9070178a.thumb.jpg.726007dec42e5c9288a7a557431242a7.jpg

In 36 years I've rarely ever seen Peter without his bobble cap. It must have been near tropical weather when this pic was taken! 

4 hours ago, garryblueboy said:

Na it’s not a cat it’s a dog  pretending to be a cat 

Catadioptric: hybrid reflecting telescope with refracting elements;

Dogadioptric: A catadioptric once it's been Collie-Mated.

(I'm really sorry...)

M

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, Captain Magenta said:

Catadioptric: hybrid reflecting telescope with refracting elements;

Dogadioptric: A catadioptric once it's been Collie-Mated.

(I'm really sorry...)

M

I’m afraid that’s not possible as he’s had his Bobs Knobs removed and unable to collimate  ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2