SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Show us your Frac

3 hours ago, nightfisher said:

As said on other thread, if i dont like it were would i go from here, but the answer stays the same, no where, this is my last telescope purchase short of a big lotto win, so this will be a keeper  

When I got my first look through an SW 120ED, had I not already known that it was a SkyWatcher scope, I would have honestly believed I was looking through a Tak. That's how good they really are, and the clarity of image is very much that of a fluorite objective. I've owned five SW ED's and can honestly say I've never seen a bad one. Any differences in visible CA was so minuscule as to be inconsequential. Im sure youll love yours when it arrives!:icon_biggrin:

Mike

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, mikeDnight said:

When I got my first look through an SW 120ED, had I not already known that it was a SkyWatcher scope, I would have honestly believed I was looking through a Tak. That's how good they really are, and the clarity of image is very much that of a fluorite objective. I've owned five SW ED's and can honestly say I've never seen a bad one. Any differences in visible CA was so minuscule as to be inconsequential. Im sure youll love yours when it arrives!:icon_biggrin:

Mike

Sounds very promising, i am sure i will be more than happy with it, going to be a bit of a wait till Wednesday

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, laudropb said:

I got it from a member here a couple of weeks ago Stu. Not had a real session with it yet due to the weather only a couple of quickies.

Will be interesting to hear how the ED120 compares to your Skyliner, and also to your Leica spotter (CA control that is!)

I now have a rather nice frac, yes i got the 120ED and i have been to a good friends house on the way home for a very pleasant social and first light, the ED120 was set up on a twin mount along side another well proven 120ED and performed superbly, looks like i have a keeper

ED120.JPG

• Like 13

16 minutes ago, nightfisher said:

I now have a rather nice frac, yes i got the 120ED and i have been to a good friends house on the way home for a very pleasant social and first light, the ED120 was set up on a twin mount along side another well proven 120ED and performed superbly, looks like i have a keeper

ED120.JPG

Hurray! Nice one Jules :) 

Whatever you do, don't make any judgements on what you see at the moment, the seeing seems to be atrocious, certainly where I am. My Tak is performing like something from Argos tonight ;) 

I jest of course to a degree, but high power views are not good :( 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Stu said:

Hurray! Nice one Jules :) 

Whatever you do, don't make any judgements on what you see at the moment, the seeing seems to be atrocious, certainly where I am. My Tak is performing like something from Argos tonight ;) 

I jest of course to a degree, but high power views are not good :( 

The scope performs very well, i am more than happy with it, optics are sharp and superb views

25 minutes ago, nightfisher said:

ED120.JPG

I've been on edge for days Jules, wondering if you'd take the plunge and grab the 120ED, but after all that waiting, are you just going to show us the box? :crybaby2:

Mike

• Like 3

Just now, mikeDnight said:

I've been on edge for days Jules, wondering if you'd take the plunge and grab the 120ED, but after all that waiting, are you just going to show us the box? :crybaby2:

Mike

sorry but its been a very long day but i do have the pics the vendor sent me

ED120.PNG

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, nightfisher said:

sorry but its been a very long day but i do have the pics the vendor sent me

ED120.PNG

Excellent Jules, I'm so pleased for you mate, once your cloud penalty is over I'm sure the clouds will part and you'll have a lifetime of clear skies with your new best friend. I knew you'd do it. Had no doubts whatsoever :)

My turn next. If someone could have a word with The Present Mrs Foster.....

• Like 2

15 hours ago, nightfisher said:

Isn't that just perfect. My view is that the only thing we "really" get out of this business is good memories (apply terms and conditions as you see fit). This must be the most enjoyable, immediate and memorable way to confirm that the right scope has finally found you.

Any other 120ED and it wouldn't have gone this way. I say it's well worth the wait. Surely even @Stu must agree.

:happy11:

Congratulations!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, iPeace said:

Isn't that just perfect. My view is that the only thing we "really" get out of this business is good memories (apply terms and conditions as you see fit). This must be the most enjoyable, immediate and memorable way to confirm that the right scope has finally found you.

Any other 120ED and it wouldn't have gone this way. I say it's well worth the wait. Surely even @Stu must agree.

:happy11:

Congratulations!

Cheers, i am watching the sky for any sign of pesky clouds, i hope to set the 120ED up on my EQ5/CG5 tripod for a brief session later, if i do i will take some proper pics of the old girl in action

• Like 2

I was just wondering how the road trip had gone Jules, sounds like it might be all worth while... Looking forward to your thoughts on this when you get it under some clear sky's.. Hopeful his scope will take you a new level with the observing and lunar imaging! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gavster said:

My TEC 140 has just arrived. Im pleased to see that it's relatively compact but it still makes my 4 inch Tak look a bit puny. Looking forward to first light soon.

IMG_0100.JPG

Awesome scope Gavster! It does actually look quite compact, despite the aperture. Sky looking good here tonight, hope you get a chance with it soon (or have already?)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nightfisher said:

Scope out and cooling, ED120 set up on EQ5 with CG5 tripod, not much to look at but due west seems rich in clusters and just want to see how stable she is

ED120 setup (1).JPG

ED120 setup (2).JPG

ED120 setup (3).JPG

Welcome to the the ED120 club Jules. I'm sure many of us never thought this day would come but I'm sure all of us are glad it has mate. I hope it lives up to expectations and it gives you many years of celestial memories.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, nightfisher said:

Scope out and cooling, ED120 set up on EQ5 with CG5 tripod, not much to look at but due west seems rich in clusters and just want to see how stable she is

ED120 setup (1).JPG

ED120 setup (2).JPG

ED120 setup (3).JPG

Looks great Jules, but much taller than I remember. However are you going to reach the eyepiece from down there?

• Like 2