SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Show us your Frac

37 minutes ago, iPeace said:

Those look nice :smile:

If @Paul73 hadn't stolen my 120ED I might have considered an upgrade :rolleyes2:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nightfisher said:

John, dont suppose you know the diameter of the ED120, mine is all packed away and i have been thinking about getting CMC tube rings for it

Sorry that I missed this Jules but it looks as if you have your answer :icon_biggrin:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Stu said:

Is this my old scope then? It went to Derek if I remember correctly?

7 minutes ago, iPeace said:

Oh, come on, Stu! Derek just told us all about it a few posts ago!

:happy9:

Now, now - you need to account for the fact that @Stu and now I are experiencing Post Traumatic Stress Disorder having had our lovely 120ED ripped away from us under such unfair circumstances. Hopefully @Paul73 will take care of it and allow us to visit occasionally to dull the pain :wink:

Edited by DRT
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, DRT said:

Now, now - you need to count for the fact that @Stu and now I are experiencing Post Traumatic Stress Disorder having had our lovely 120Ed ripped away from us under such unfair circumstances. Hopefully @Paul73 will take care of it and allow us to visit occasionally to dull the pain :wink:

I fully understand and commiserate.

:icon_biggrin:

3 hours ago, DRT said:

Now, now - you need to account for the fact that @Stu and now I are experiencing Post Traumatic Stress Disorder having had our lovely 120ED ripped away from us under such unfair circumstances. Hopefully @Paul73 will take care of it and allow us to visit occasionally to dull the pain :wink:

Derek and Stu. It is in good hands You are more than welcome to stroke / look through it at the DIY starparty in March. 

How many scopes is it now? And, might we be expecting as 'Incoming' post soon??

Stu - Happy to do a straight swap for that old Tak of yours if you want a touch more aperture?????

Paul

• Like 3

15 hours ago, iPeace said:

tmp_24544-DSC_03711458944470.JPG

Not the best of pics, just to give you an idea.

Mike i must have missed the pic, the rings look better on your scope than on TS website, on the site i thought they looked a bit thin

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nightfisher said:

Mike i must have missed the pic, the rings look better on your scope than on TS website, on the site i thought they looked a bit thin

They are slim, but nicely so and I have full confidence in them. I have been experimenting with ring and dovetail configurations, with the options I like most adding the most weight.

:rolleyes2:

I am now back-tracking a bit, and relying on these to actually carry the scope with two of the originals to hold accessories.

If you are just looking to replace the two original rings, you cannot go wrong with these.

• Like 1

On 16/02/2017 at 16:47, Paul73 said:

New Toy Alert! 

I really shouldn't be this excited about a new (to me) scope?????

Having met DRT in a northern motorway services at an indecently early hour this morning to do the deal. Here is my new SW ED120. Complete with a Baader Clicklock diagonal and a 24mm Panoptic that was kicking around in the case (think that he might want the eyepiece back at some point).....

IMG_8848.JPG

Paul

I was up in the loft today and found the box for the Baader ClickLock Diagonal. I'll bring it along to TDIYSPSP so that you have it.

It will come in handy when you sell the diagonal to @Stu, @John, @Moonshane, @Pig, @iPeace..................or back to me :grin:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, iPeace said:

It is very nice indeed. Good to know the box has been recovered.

:happy11:

4 minutes ago, Pig said:

I do want a click lock as it goes :happy8: having used one on the SCT they are pretty useful.

I think this is what is called "creating a market" :lol:

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Pig said:

Why does Chris Lock always pop into my thoughts when the topic of click locks comes up :happy8:

Well I do have a pretty good grip so maybe I'm also made by Baader :grin:

Edited by Chris Lock
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, Nigel G said:

Here's my new setup 

Been a reflector and Alt-Az man until recently.  Now an EQ 3 guided Equinox 80 ed pro with an Orion star shoot and Orion 50mm mini guide scope.

Only trouble is the blooming clouds.

Nige.

20170213_130521.jpg

I'm fairly unusual in having only bought one thing of @DRT - it was an EQ5 tripod to replace the standard EQ3 one. You can much improve the EQ3 by clamps at the top of the sliding sections (and keeping it as low as possible) but the EQ5 does make life easier.

• Like 2