SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Show us your Frac

I would like to extend a very warm welcome to my newest addition to the collection. AltairAstro 115ED triplet, picked up from a very nice chap in Sussex. Sitting on my AzEQ6 I now have my short and long focal length imaging options in one neat package with my TS60ED on a quick release bar on top, with the ubiquitous finder guider attached.

AA115-TS60.jpg

• Like 10

9 hours ago, MattJenko said:

I would like to extend a very warm welcome to my newest addition to the collection. AltairAstro 115ED triplet, picked up from a very nice chap in Sussex. Sitting on my AzEQ6 I now have my short and long focal length imaging options in one neat package with my TS60ED on a quick release bar on top, with the ubiquitous finder guider attached.

AA115-TS60.jpg

Beautiful! Some exciting times ahead I'm sure! But all those scopes and you can't afford a nail to hang your picture on, or you may have saved up for the nail but can't afford the hammer? I suppose you could be prioritizing! :icon_biggrin:

Mike :thumbsup:

27 minutes ago, MattJenko said:

HI Rob,

It does weigh a bit. I could have used 2 counterweights and the extension, but it seems more pleasing to keep it compact with 3 for some reason...

It might reduce vibrations a bit as well. I've often thought that having less weight but further from the central axis of the mount (ie: towards the end of the C/W bar) creates a rig that is more prone to vibration than having more weight closer to the central axis.

Great looking setup ! :icon_biggrin:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mikeDnight said:

But all those scopes and you can't afford a nail to hang your picture on, or you may have saved up for the nail but can't afford the hammer? I suppose you could be prioritizing! :icon_biggrin:

Mike :thumbsup:

I fully subscribe to the aesthetics of free standing and naturally placed interior design. My wife calls it lazy.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, John said:

Nice !. I like the dark blue / white colour scheme :icon_biggrin:

It will be interesting to compare the Omni 120 with your Startravel 120.

Thanks, they do go well together. Yes, that is what I really want to compare and see which gives a better view. In theory the Omni 120 should give better views with the XLT coating, and the longer focul length too, but await a chance to test them side by side on the Skytee 2 mount together to test this. 

35 minutes ago, Thalestris24 said:

Nice! No guide scope?

lol... well spotted!

The main dovetail is long enough for me to mount the finderguider underneath at the front end. That will also help balance the whole rig... its quite a compact (and surpisingly heavy) lump now.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Uranium235 said:

lol... well spotted!

The main dovetail is long enough for me to mount the finderguider underneath at the front end. That will also help balance the whole rig... its quite a compact (and surpisingly heavy) lump now.

Mind you don't drop it, en masse - so to speak! :shocked:

:icon_santa:

Picked up this slightly rare find, David Hind Optical are auctioning off Celestron stock on Fleaby. These haven't been in production for years, but this one is certainly brand spanking new so must have been sitting in a box for years in a warehouse perhaps? 

I've never seen one for sale second hand, it's a Celestron OMNI ED102 XLT f/8.8 refractor. I've never named a scope before but for some reason I've been compelled to name it 'Midnight'.

Also needed to pick up a mount for it, so this classic Black dual drive HEQ5 arrived today....can't wait to test both the scope and mount out but there was plenty of thick cloud in the box.

IMG_0347.JPG

IMG_0348.JPG

Edited by Chris Lock
  • Like 10

39 minutes ago, Chris Lock said:

Picked up this slightly rare find, David Hind Optical are auctioning off Celestron stock on Fleaby. These haven't been in production for years, but this one is certainly brand spanking new so must have been sitting in a box for years in a warehouse perhaps? 

I've never seen one for sale second hand, it's a Celestron OMNI ED102 XLT f/8.8 refractor. I've never named a scope before but for some reason I've been compelled to name it 'Midnight'.

Also needed to pick up a mount for it, so this classic Black dual drive HEQ5 arrived today....can't wait to test both the scope and mount out but there was plenty of thick cloud in the box.

IMG_0347.JPG

IMG_0348.JPG

Nice scope Chris. Seriously tempted by one of these! ;) 

• Like 1